JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey I am looking for some help from other CCW holders. I am new t Concealed Carry License holder and I don't carry because my shirts are to short. My wife thinks I look better in fitted shirts and I plan to carry iwb rh appendix. So I need to find some nice looking polos, tee shirts, button down shirts and henlys that are a little longer then normal shirts. I have checked out Duluth Trading, I plan on making an order, but I need some other options. Are there any local places in Gresham, East Multnomah County that sell shirts that are fitted and longer? Thanks for any help.

+1 on what Playboy says. When I first started carrying I would freak out if I could see my 1911 was printing, but after a while figured out that no one really noticed, but me. If they did take a second look they didn't say anything. I really don't sweat printing anymore.

I like to wear Hawaiian shirts or square bottom sport shirts in the summer with a T-shirt underneath and this is usually plenty of covering garment. They only reason I don't just carry with an untucked T-shirt is that I don't like the feeling of the pistol against my bare skin. In the fall or winter it isn't a problem as I am usually wearing a T or sport shirt with a fleece pullover or sweatshirt/hoodie of some kind as a covering garment.

Open carry is an option, but I rarely exercise that option as I just don't feel comfortable open carrying, but to each his own.

Thanks for the help guys. I saw the vids, my problem is that I am a bigger guy(not in ayou good way) and often my shirts often only cover my belt. My concern is the few times I have used a cell phone belt case or carry a leatherman on my belt, my shirts often ride up over case or sheath. I worry that would happen and I wouldn't notice if I was carrying. I know the smartest thing for my to do would be to lose 30 or 40lbs and that would probably fix the problem. That sounds good and all but I love crappy food and don't have time to exercise. I will keep working at it. I'm thinking about buying a 3 speed holster. Does any one have experience with them.

Thanks for the help guys. I saw the vids, my problem is that I am a bigger guy(not in ayou good way) and often my shirts often only cover my belt. My concern is the few times I have used a cell phone belt case or carry a leatherman on my belt, my shirts often ride up over case or sheath. I worry that would happen and I wouldn't notice if I was carrying. I know the smartest thing for my to do would be to lose 30 or 40lbs and that would probably fix the problem. That sounds good and all but I love crappy food and don't have time to exercise. I will keep working at it. I'm thinking about buying a 3 speed holster. Does any one have experience with them.

Kind of in the same boat you are in. I have looked down from time to time to notice that my shirt had ridden up over the butt of my pistol and freaked out for a second, but no one else seemed to notice, or if they did they didn't care or say anything. I have no idea what 3 speed holster is. When I use a holster, as opposed to a fanny pack/carry bag, I use either a Milt Sparks Axiom, or a Kirkpatrick Leather Texas Strong side holster. Both are OWB holsters as I haven't found an IWB holster that feels comfortable yet, although I am considering trying a Crossbreed IWB as I have heard really great things about them from folks that have found not other kind of IWB holster comfortable.

I use an untucked polo shirt over an iwb holster, or for more casual wear, a tee shirt (with an undershirt to avoid the feel of gun on skin). In colder weather I use a Carhart vest, which allows for owb holsters also. I agree with the Penguin (sorta scary, I know...) about not fretting about printing. Not one in 100 will suspect, and I have never been asked or approached about whether I am or not. My friends KNOW I am carrying, simply because I am not dead!

First, remember, OC is totally legal, OR and WA do NOT have a "printing issue". Should your carry be exposed, no-one will care (unless you handle it).

My suggestion to a large size person who really wants to be concerned (especially this time of year). (especially if your wife likes you looking sharp). Get one of those nice thin leather vests in a neutral colour. Don't bother to button it. Some of them even have built in holsters.

I may have missed exactly what you were asking, but 5.11tactical makes some nice shirts. The have a few dealers in the portland area. Their covert casual line is one of our favorites.

I've picked up a couple 511 shirts and they're nice. I think mine were the covert casual too.

Please ...no

Really? Covert casual?...
And you bought this?
And admitted to it online?

Really.

I honestly didn't pay attention to what they were called. I said I thought they may be called that. They were on a pretty good sale on a website. I just like short-sleeve, button down shirts that aren't tapered. I know 511 doesn't make that many styles either.

I also picked up some 511 pants for a good price too. I'm guessing you'd say I shouldn't admit to that online either.

I got a few LAPolice gear brand polo shirts.... I wish they had 4xl tall but the best I can get is 3xl (I am 6-2 311 lbs).... still works for me though. They also have some blackhawk polo shirts but the LAPgear brand is just fine.
Buy your BlackHawk Warrior Wear Tactical Shirt Short Sleeve now for the lowest price at LAPoliceGear.com!
Buy your BlackHawk Warrior Wear Performance Polo Shirt now for the lowest price at LAPoliceGear.com!
LA Police Gear Operator Tactical Polo Shirt
Woolrich Discreet Carry Shirt Closeout

I too wouldn't worry much about printing.... most sheep can't tell their elbows from their bum hole so you should be fine. I have had people not even notice me OCing lol if anyone asks what that bulge is, tell them it's a colostomy bag or a cell phone or whatever.... and if they don't go away tell them it's a camera.... you point it, they smile and wait for the flash lolololol :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top