Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

help with buying a new scope please

1371JarHead

Reactions
Hey guys, Im looking at buying this scope...see link...https://shepherdscopes.com/product/drs-6-18x42-30mm-tube-v2/

Im thinking of mounting it on my Rem 700 sps v .243 and or my Ruger NO 1 in .300 WM, im planning on a few hunting trips over the next 3/4 years one of is going back to Maine to hunt monster moose. I looking at ranges of out to at least 400 yards, my currents scopes, 1 a older Simmons whitetail is ok but not really any good past 250 yards, and i have a gen 1 vortex viper, a lot better but still struggle at anything past 300/350 yards with my old man eyes, any ways have a look and tell me what yall think...Semper Fi..jugheads...Robert

turq

Reactions
A good scope is the Burris 4.5x12 OR x14;
They can be heavier but I like their clarity, warranty, price.
I have about three and all have been without problems and really good sight in accuracy, precise.
4.5 is a little high power for brush but works great in E. Oregon. I use the E1 recticle, simple.
Good luck, a new scope is pure fun on a good rifle.

2ndtimer

Reactions
A good scope is the Burris 4.5x12 OR x14;
They can be heavier but I like their clarity, warranty, price.
I have about three and all have been without problems and really good sight in accuracy, precise.
4.5 is a little high power for brush but works great in E. Oregon. I use the E1 recticle, simple.
Good luck, a new scope is pure fun on a good rifle.
This one is a steal, although it lacks the side focus parallax adjustment which is on the objective lenses. And while the ballistic plex reticle is designed for the .223/5.56, it shouldn't be too difficult to shoot your loads at range and determine where the marks are for your cartridge. Can't beat the price for Burris quality and warranty. Be sure to add the code for an additional 10% off the sale price.

There is a VX6 in the classified's right now.

Reactions
This one is a steal, although it lacks the side focus parallax adjustment which is on the objective lenses. And while the ballistic plex reticle is designed for the .223/5.56, it shouldn't be too difficult to shoot your loads at range and determine where the marks are for your cartridge. Can't beat the price for Burris quality and warranty. Be sure to add the code for an additional 10% off the sale price.
The MSR rifle scope is one of my favorites on my .223rem rifles.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online