JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, Im looking at buying this scope...see link...https://shepherdscopes.com/product/drs-6-18x42-30mm-tube-v2/

Im thinking of mounting it on my Rem 700 sps v .243 and or my Ruger NO 1 in .300 WM, im planning on a few hunting trips over the next 3/4 years one of is going back to Maine to hunt monster moose. I looking at ranges of out to at least 400 yards, my currents scopes, 1 a older Simmons whitetail is ok but not really any good past 250 yards, and i have a gen 1 vortex viper, a lot better but still struggle at anything past 300/350 yards with my old man eyes, any ways have a look and tell me what yall think...Semper Fi..jugheads...Robert

My recommendation is to get something with a side-focus/ parallax adjustment. Your diopter will focus the reticle, the parallax adjustment will focus your target. This should help you on those longer shots.

A good scope is the Burris 4.5x12 OR x14;
They can be heavier but I like their clarity, warranty, price.
I have about three and all have been without problems and really good sight in accuracy, precise.
4.5 is a little high power for brush but works great in E. Oregon. I use the E1 recticle, simple.
Good luck, a new scope is pure fun on a good rifle.

A good scope is the Burris 4.5x12 OR x14;
They can be heavier but I like their clarity, warranty, price.
I have about three and all have been without problems and really good sight in accuracy, precise.
4.5 is a little high power for brush but works great in E. Oregon. I use the E1 recticle, simple.
Good luck, a new scope is pure fun on a good rifle.
This one is a steal, although it lacks the side focus parallax adjustment which is on the objective lenses. And while the ballistic plex reticle is designed for the .223/5.56, it shouldn't be too difficult to shoot your loads at range and determine where the marks are for your cartridge. Can't beat the price for Burris quality and warranty. Be sure to add the code for an additional 10% off the sale price.

This one is a steal, although it lacks the side focus parallax adjustment which is on the objective lenses. And while the ballistic plex reticle is designed for the .223/5.56, it shouldn't be too difficult to shoot your loads at range and determine where the marks are for your cartridge. Can't beat the price for Burris quality and warranty. Be sure to add the code for an additional 10% off the sale price.
The MSR rifle scope is one of my favorites on my .223rem rifles.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top