JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had my CMP service grade M1 Garand for 25 odd years and am considering selling it to fund a new Colt Python. It's a Springfield Armory six digit receiver re-arsenal'd in 1947. the walnut stock which is stamped from the Benicia Arsenal in Sonoma, California and the Mt. Rainier depot at Ft. Lewis. I haven't shot it in years, and would rather have a new Python. How is the market on Garands?
pics below!

Last Edited:
I've had my CMP service grade M1 Garand for 25 odd years and am considering selling it to fund a new Colt Python. It's a Springfield Armory six digit (Nov. '42) receiver that was completely re-arsenal'd in 1947. Every part other than the receiver is correct for 1947,(barrel is SA '47) including the walnut stock which is stamped from the Benicia Arsenal in Sonoma, California. I haven't shot it in years, and would rather have a new Python. How is the market on Garands?
:s0101: Good job in asking what they are selling for instead of listing at double its value like some people do.

2736D61A-04DC-4BC0-82D0-401678FFC437.jpeg

I've had my CMP service grade M1 Garand for 25 odd years and am considering selling it to fund a new Colt Python. It's a Springfield Armory six digit (Nov. '42) receiver that was completely re-arsenal'd in 1947. Every part other than the receiver is correct for 1947,(barrel is SA '47) including the walnut stock which is stamped from the Benicia Arsenal in Sonoma, California. I haven't shot it in years, and would rather have a new Python. How is the market on Garands?
Solano County, California ;)

The arsenal is most famous for supplying munitions to Lieutenant Colonel Jimmy Doolittle for the first bombing raid on Tokyo on April 18, 1942, launched from the USS Hornet.

I'd keep an old Garand over a NEW Python, now an old Python I can see.

and yeah...

:s0122:

I sold a CMP Service Grade 1943 SA rebuilt with a 50's H&R replacement barrel for $1400 early last year. It had new CMP wood on it when I sold it and had a ME and TE of 1+.

-E-

Gunbroker "advanced" search you can look at "completed" auctions...that's usually my go to to try and figure out the value of a firearm because it is actually sold prices, not just listed ones. Plus, it's easier to find one or more that more closely match your firearm you are looking to sell. Hope that is helpful!

Nice shape. Should be a $1300-1400 rifle. What is interesting is at least the stock has spent time up and down the west coast at arsenals. Prices are still dropping so I wouldn't wait too long if I was trying to get rid of it in the near future.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top