JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which gun for his first CCW?

• G43X

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • G43

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Canik MC9

• S&W Shield 2.0

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Sig P320

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Taurus GX4

• PSA Dagger/G19 Clone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hellcat

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Sig P365

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Ruger LCP Max9

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I carry 56 rounds on me daily…..

Why 56 when you can have 64? :p :D

DCBA1AB0-6E86-48E4-B676-23AC8B3A6A4D.png

In all my years alive I've never been in a situation I've ever needed 3 magazines on me. Never been in a gun fight and probably never will. But I have had situation where I was just glad to have a pistol vs my pocket knife, especially out here in Oregon.

Even when I lived in Rockford, IL, look it up its a crap hole, I've never had a situation where I was like "man I need a bigger pistol and several magazines."

But I understand the "its better to have it and not need it vs needing it and not having it" philosophy. Just I doubt I'll ever need it.
I carried a Glock 34 for awhile. Lol. And the gun I currently carry is almost the same length as a 34…..

I guess I'm so used to it now that it doesn't really bother me anymore. But to a new person just starting to carry I would probably suggest something smaller (not a micro). Carry that until your comfortable and confident and then if you wanna try going to a bigger gun you will at least have a decent foundation.

Location, holster and belt also play a huge role in carrying a full size gun.

The best gun is the one you have on you when you need it which is why I prefer smaller pistols. I NEVER leave the house without at least an LCP on me so I suggest he start there. There isn't much clothing that I can't manage concealing a LCP with.

All of my friends that will only carry a full sized pistol rarely actually have a gun on them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top