JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would like to add one thing here, this has been one hell of a good thread here. New kid on the block just diving in, one of the most storied calibers in history, the many different opinions from newbies to maybe some of the first users of the 45. I don't think I heard one cross word here. Only help, advice and encouragement. My hat is off to every one of you. Y'all belly up to the bar here, this round's on me:).

Josh, I don't know if this question was meant for me, but I love that powder. It works flawlessly in my 45 and my 40. It is a real clean burning powder and I use the same amount of powder (5.8 grains) for each cartridge. The 45 I run 230gr. Hornady XTP's and HSM copper plated bullets, while I generally just use the 180gr. XTP in my 40 S&W. That is the sweet spot for both pistols, which makes it so easy to remember the loads. I've also tried power pistol which makes a lot of noise and muzzle flash with some good velocity, but mucho recoil and also everyone's favorite, unique: Which I found to be a dirty pig. Sorry guys I don't like that powder at all. I got into using universal and clays powder when I shot trap competitively and loved how clean it burned. It's the same in a pistol. Here are my 2 pistols I use universal in:
View attachment 343837
I don't post load data, the risk of a typo or missed decimal is too great

As is the problem I find with posted load data, you started with:
"I don't know if this question was meant for me, but I love that powder. It works flawlessly in my 45 and my 40. It is a real clean burning powder and I use the same amount of powder (5.8 grains) for each cartridge."

Not sure you ever named or made clear what "that" powder is, within this post.
Sorry for the critique, I just wanted to show how info can be confusing (for me) and mis-interpreted.
:D

Last Edited:
I don't post load data, the risk of a typo or missed decimal is too great

As is the problem I find with posted load data, you started with:
"I don't know if this question was meant for me, but I love that powder."

Not sure you ever named or made clear what "that" powder is, within this post.
Sorry for the critic, I just wanted to show how info can be confusing (for me) and mis-interpreted.

It clearly says in my post that I'm talking about universal. Reading comprehension is a plus... Another FYI, as with all load data posted in an open forum. Take with a grain of salt and always refer to a loading manual. I'm only stating what works very well for myself... Hint...;)

It clearly says in my post that I'm talking about universal. Reading comprehension is a plus... Another FYI, as with all load data posted in an open forum. Take with a grain of salt and always refer to a loading manual. I'm only stating what works very well for myself... Hint...;)
I understand how you could feel that way.
If you mentioned that powder by name in that post, I didn't see it.
I apologize, and I'm sorry you took offence.

Last Edited:
Just so you know, other forums I frequent usually start out like this in their bylaws:

"Firearms are inherently dangerous, and by entering this site you expressly acknowledge that you assume all risks associated with the use of firearms or ammunition, whether factory-loaded or handloaded by you or someone else. Whenever in doubt, consult a gunsmith of your choice before deciding on taking any action. Study current handloading manuals, and make certain you implement all safety processes recommended before you load ammunition. "

This means, don't look at Joe Blows loads data and expect the same results. Joe Blow is not going to be responsible for you blowing yourself up because you didn't consult a load manual. Since we are talking beginners. This is something everyone, especially beginners need to know.

Does anyone here reload 380 with 100 gr rn fp plated bullets with titegroup,231 or universal.i could get another powder but those are what I have now.or if someone knows a place to get different bulk 380 rounds that would be fine.ive only been able to find the berrys bullet at a reasonable price.

Does anyone here reload 380 with 100 gr rn fp plated bullets with titegroup,231 or universal.i could get another powder but those are what I have now.or if someone knows a place to get different bulk 380 rounds that would be fine.ive only been able to find the berrys bullet at a reasonable price.
I do actually. Both tightgroup and 231 work fine with the Berry's or Xtreme plated. Tweezers are your friend lol. And be careful with those little cases they crush or tear easily.

So @Josh89, this is what you don't want to see during testing. Check out the case on the right...
20170220_184233.jpg

I've seen rifle cases like that before. Never a 9mm:eek:. I'm surprised I didn't find gun parts laying around.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top