JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My brothers and I go our first exposure to guns at about the age of 6. From there we had limited use of a .22 rifle until we were 12. After that, we had our own, and the only limits were how much ammo each of us had! We could take our rifles out any time we wished, and the only rule was be home for dinner!

My brothers and I go our first exposure to guns at about the age of 6. From there we had limited use of a .22 rifle until we were 12. After that, we had our own, and the only limits were how much ammo each of us had! We could take our rifles out any time we wished, and the only rule was be home for dinner!
Same with me, but I started at about 4 yo. I have a picture around somewhere from the 50's with me holding a .22 rifle that was cut down just for me.

Thanks everyone!! My 501c3 was approved by the feds!! What an incredible journey this has been for me. I'm making a difference and outworking moms demand, what a great feeling.

This is exactly what we NEED and a great person to have doing it. I hope this really expands into other communities and I hope it is as much a focus for parents to take gun ownership responsibly as well as teaching our kids gun safety and firearms respect. Good on you for taking this to heart!
I've developed a program like no other in the country, I'm poised to have this implemented in schools. Hopefully.....

Hay @Joelink maybe sticky this on the forum so we can keep up with it, and also provide a link ( directly or through NWFA) to donate. This is a pretty important thing happening and I think we need to get behind it as much as possible! If its all ready up, disregard, and thanks!
WOW!!! That would be Tremendous!! Thank you

Dude, that's awesome, I'm excited that this is happening! We really need this, and need it to spread like wildfire. I will be back up in the PDX area in July for a few weeks, If theres any thing I can do to help (volunteer) let me know!

Dude, that's awesome, I'm excited that this is happening! We really need this, and need it to spread like wildfire. I will be back up in the PDX area in July for a few weeks, If theres any thing I can do to help (volunteer) let me know!
Just spread the word!! My business is completely mobile, I'll go to the ends of the earth for this. That's how much I believe in this.

Just spread the word!! My business is completely mobile, I'll go to the ends of the earth for this. That's how much I believe in this.
@Joe Link, can we help this cause along now that it's an official 501c3? Seems to me that what Derek is doing is EXACTLY the kind of thing that will most help people understand firearms and firearms owners in the future. I can't think of a better way to create responsible firearms owners in the next generation than teaching our kids now. The alternative is the Moms Demand Action fear mongering I saw at this safety fair. We keep brainstorming, trying to find ideas, and trying to start programs to promote a positive image of firearms and firearms owners, and here it is dumped in our laps with a ribbon around it, and all we have to do is support it and spread the word.

@Joe Link, can we help this cause along now that it's an official 501c3? Seems to me that what Derek is doing is EXACTLY the kind of thing that will most help people understand firearms and firearms owners in the future. I can't think of a better way to create responsible firearms owners in the next generation than teaching our kids now. The alternative is the Moms Demand Action fear mongering I saw at this safety fair. We keep brainstorming, trying to find ideas, and trying to start programs to promote a positive image of firearms and firearms owners, and here it is dumped in our laps with a ribbon around it, and all we have to do is support it and spread the word.
My thoughts exactly, How 'bout a little positive print? Maybe @Dave Workman can help?

I'm on the verge, of blowing the roof off of this. I just need to continue on my path. Thanks for all your support and in believing in my cause.

Hello everyone,
I have another kids class tomorrow night. This one is sponsored by Cabela's. Things are looking up!!

Take the time to take to your child about gun safety. They are never too young to learn that certain things could kill them. Don't terrorize or frighten them, but help them see that real guns are not a toy, and they are not fun. Shooting and injuring another person has serious consequences, and you should make your children aware that they could hurt themselves or someone they care about.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads