JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
A guy named Derek LeBlanc here in Eugene is offering gun safety classes to kids at a greatly reduced cost of $20. The class includes safety instruction and range time. He is a certified instructor and does CHL classes for both Oregon and Utah. I know him to be a stand-up guy. He just can't do this class for less than $20 per kid. That's a very low price considering, but still there are some families that can't afford it. I've offered to fund two scholarships at his next class here in Eugene, and I've challenged others to do the same. Kids need to become familiar with guns and how to safely handle them. This class can save lives.

More info from Derek:

On Friday May 6th from 6-8 pm Baker Boots is hosting my company Lethal Lovebirds LLC. I will be teaching a Kids in Home Firearm Safety Class. It's the first of its kind in our area. This is the first part of a two-part class. First class will include 2 hours of instruction on firearm safety, handling, type, ammunition and firearm storage. Parental participation is required. Second class will involve live fire training at a local range. Class is designed to open up the dialogue between children and their parents regarding firearms. My goal is through proper education I hope to take the novelty away from firearms, kids that they are a tool not a toy. I hope to help eliminate accidental shootings through proper education. This class will cost $20. For questions PM Thanks for your time. I will be teaching a Oregon/ Utah combo class the next day at Bakers. Reservations can be made on my website lethallovebirds.com

https://www.facebook.com/groups/271...group_comment_reply&notif_id=1462386581785735

I hope you are including Massad Ayoob's observation, that parents allowing children access to guns at any time the kids want, but only with parental participation, removes the "forbidden fruit" nature of guns. This is actually an instruction more for parents than for kids.

I hope you are including Massad Ayoob's observation, that parents allowing children access to guns at any time the kids want, but only with parental participation, removes the "forbidden fruit" nature of guns. This is actually an instruction more for parents than for kids.
That's exactly what Derek is teaching. That's why parent attendance is mandatory.

A guy named Derek LeBlanc here in Eugene is offering gun safety classes to kids at a greatly reduced cost of $20. The class includes safety instruction and range time. He is a certified instructor and does CHL classes for both Oregon and Utah. I know him to be a stand-up guy. He just can't do this class for less than $20 per kid. That's a very low price considering, but still there are some families that can't afford it. I've offered to fund two scholarships at his next class here in Eugene, and I've challenged others to do the same. Kids need to become familiar with guns and how to safely handle them. This class can save lives.

More info from Derek:

On Friday May 6th from 6-8 pm Baker Boots is hosting my company Lethal Lovebirds LLC. I will be teaching a Kids in Home Firearm Safety Class. It's the first of its kind in our area. This is the first part of a two-part class. First class will include 2 hours of instruction on firearm safety, handling, type, ammunition and firearm storage. Parental participation is required. Second class will involve live fire training at a local range. Class is designed to open up the dialogue between children and their parents regarding firearms. My goal is through proper education I hope to take the novelty away from firearms, kids that they are a tool not a toy. I hope to help eliminate accidental shootings through proper education. This class will cost $20. For questions PM Thanks for your time. I will be teaching a Oregon/ Utah combo class the next day at Bakers. Reservations can be made on my website lethallovebirds.com

https://www.facebook.com/groups/271...group_comment_reply&notif_id=1462386581785735

Kudos for a great cause man!

I would love to kick in but I'm in the process of selling most of what I have left until my wife can make more money...

Kudos for a great cause man!

I would love to kick in but I'm in the process of selling most of what I have left until my wife can make more money...
We all do what we can. I'm fortunate to be able to contribute a little extra right now.

I would love to see this offered near Portland.
I'm totally mobile!! I've been asked by SOCON to offer it in the PDX area. I just need a venue. My goal is to get this in local schools! I'm starting a 501c3 and would like to gather sponsors so I don't have to charge. I uses to offer it for free but there's too much overhead. I HATE CHARGING FOR IT, SOMETHINGS JUST NEED TO BE TAUGHT!

More info from Derek:

I will save lives!! Thanks for the support.

I just dropped off a check for scholarships for kids who might not be able to afford the class. Guys, a kid who attends this class is a whole lot less likely to become a statistic that makes gun owners look bad. He or she is a whole lot more likely to grow up and be a supporter of the 2nd Amendment as well. I can't think of a better thing to do with a spare $20...or $40...or $100.

image.jpeg John, it was good seeing you again Friday night. I had a small turn out but all were eager to learn and enjoyed the class. Thanks again!!

Derek is at the Springfield, OR family safety fair today, where my wife is doing child car seat inspections. Lots of good stuff going on there. He's been mobbed at his gun friendly, child gun safety booth, while the covert Moms Demand Action booth called SMART across the way has been a ghost town. He's making a difference.

Derek1.jpg
Derek2.jpg
DerekMDA.jpg

This is exactly what we NEED and a great person to have doing it. I hope this really expands into other communities and I hope it is as much a focus for parents to take gun ownership responsibly as well as teaching our kids gun safety and firearms respect. Good on you for taking this to heart!

Hay @Joelink maybe sticky this on the forum so we can keep up with it, and also provide a link ( directly or through NWFA) to donate. This is a pretty important thing happening and I think we need to get behind it as much as possible! If its all ready up, disregard, and thanks!

my late grandpa introduced me to guns. him and my dad taught me everything i needed to know as a 5 year old youngster. ever since i was 10 years old i had access to guns without supervision no questions asked...thats the farm life for ya. never had a problem even 20 years later.

It's important that kids get to fire a gun at a very early age. There's no better way to impress upon them that a real gun is not a toy, and that it's not something to play with.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top