JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Help installing a DD omega x 12.0

I am looking for someone with experience installing Free Float hand rails on an AR. I recently purchased a Daniel Defense Omega X Rail 12.0, rail system. I didn't think it would be too hard to install. Once I received it, I realized it didn't come with any directions. I am pretty sure I could do it, however pretty sure is not a great way to do things on a deadly weapon. I live in the Stayton area, and would be willing to pay for your help.

I think I have the proper tools. I might be able to do it myself if I knew exactly how to do it. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Warthog

Link to Rail: https://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=173

DD omega 12.jpg

does it require you to use your original barrel nut or does it come with a new one?

It comes with a new one. The rail comes in two pieces so you don't need to remove the front sight. I think from what I have seen, I can do it. Only one way to find out. So I am going to give it a try today. I was hoping I could talk to someone who had installed this model before. The rail in question (DD Omega 12) comes standard on DD Ar15's, so I am sure there is someone on the forum who has one. Thanks for the links, they will come in handy.

Scott

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR