JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The nightmare Remlin 336 saga continues...

Cursed from day one when I bought it from a member who broke the front sight off and epoxied it back on (I didn't know this before getting home)

Decided to do a straight grip conversion... Trying to install a Boyds Walnut stock... Fits nice, looks good...

BUT... It wont cock now. Cocks with the stock off, cocks with the stock all but the last inch... Push it on a hair more and the hammer wont lock all the way back and hangs up on the bolt on the way back in.

I figured the spring was binding on the sides of the stock (cocks fine by hand with stock fully installed, no noticeable hangup at all) but under lever power, its a no go. Literally yalking like 1/64" difference. I can see just about everything but the back half of the hammer spring

I dont know how much more of the stock I can remove.

Anyone else encounter this?

Just been sanding the inside flats of the stock, seems like its getting better. But I fear the amount of material in removing.

You can see in the pics, very little difference. First pic shows hammer stuck, cant push stock onto receiver anymore.
See second picture, back the stock off of the receiver a hair and,it,works fine

1114232029_HDR.jpg 1114232025.jpg

Use some candle smoke* to blacken the internal parts, slip on the stock, then see what part of the stock gets black, scrape it off. Repeat.

*Some other coloring things work, too.

Bruce

I am no help, but curious what you had to do to convert, just a stock and lever? I have always wanted a Texan or Marauder.
You'll need the new lever for sure

The curved part can be ground or milled flat or that whole piece can be replaced with a factory flat part.

Couldn't find the flat part so I bought the flat stock & installed it... Marked the receiver along the flat edge of the stock... Then ground it flat with a bench grinder.

It'll need a little finish sanding to smooth out and will need to be finished.

Not sure I can remove any more material... Compared to the old stock. I have removed .10" MORE than the previous stock.

Or now, the new stock has a .10" wider opening than the original.

Still hangs up bit not every time. But with the stock off it never hangs up...

See video... Think this is more than the stock?

If something is rubbing on the stock there will be rub marks on the stock.

Another thought: measure top to bottom across the tangs with the stock on and off, and compare.

Bruce

I thought I had it... But will still occasionally hang up.

I had scheduled it for refinishing, having the gs look at its while disassembled for the finishing job

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top