JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I admire your style of keeping your look more traditional than most.

For me, I wear jeans, polo and t-shirts. Most of my T's are gun related, mostly because they're cheap. I joked today with my boss that I probably don't have $500 worth of clothes in my closet. I DID get two new Glock T's in the mail on Monday. Pretty excited for that actually. I work hard to feed my family, and I really could care less what people think of my dress or otherwise. My lack of style or fancy clothes has never made me not be able to support my fam or my gun habit. I'm ok with that.

And when I get hit on by the cute girls at the local convenience store, wearing jeans and a Glock T, it boosts my ego. At 42, I take what I can get sir!

On December 1st, I'll be 63 years old. I look pretty darned good for my age and kinda like being told that I look "dapper" (My immediate response to that remark is that "my mom quit pinning those on me after I turned 2"). ;)

My cheap "George" Oxford Cloth shirts cost about $12.75 each at Wal Mart. (White goes with everything). Yes, I'll buy more expensive clothing if I can find them on sale, but an inexpensive Oxford Cloth shirt lasts for at least 3 years and they go great with any tie. :D

I'll be 43 30 days after you Capt. And like you I enjoy the occasional compliment from a pretty lady. Whatever works for you, keep doing it.

I just checked Lock & Co. Hatters (London, England) and a new hard bowler costs (prepare to grab your chest) 350 GBP ($452.42) I wish that I could find an original Lock & Co. hard bowler for a reasonable price.

A bowler is only good for dandies indoors, no shade for your eyes, or protection from the winter elements. My favorite of all time is my Aussie Akubra that I've had for around 17 years, I mainly wear it in the winter when it's raining and colder, the Rabbit fur felt is impervious to rain. Summertime is for a straw or ball cap
depending on what I'm doing, can't wear hearing muffs with the straw too well. Prior to the Akubra I've always worn a Stetson, or a Resistall! Still have my Stetson Silver belly I got married in and still wear for dress. I'm really PO'd because my feet won't fit my Justin boots anymore! :mad:
Gabby

Bill: You might get an argument from William Barclay Masterson, William Bonney, Butch Cassidy and a few others. The gamekeepers of the English countryside were usually awarded a new bowler after their first year of service under the land owner.

The bowler was, from the beginning, a helmet. You are correct. The rabbit fur is better, but the beaver fur beats the rabbit by a country mile. (I wish Stetson would make hats the way they did in the 1950s', they lasted longer).

Last Edited:
This thread is useless without pictures lol I have so many hat's nothing fancy like yours though mostly baseball style and a few military style I guess there called jungle caps for fishing in the sun IMAG0641.jpg IMAG0599.jpg IMAG0246.jpg IMAG0213.jpg

This thread is useless without pictures lol I have so many hat's nothing fancy like yours though mostly baseball style and a few military style I guess there called jungle caps for fishing in the sunView attachment 387835 View attachment 387836 View attachment 387837 View attachment 387838

Ah, the old "boonie hat". I saw a lot of "wannabee warriors" wear them. They're great in the field and they're easy to clean. I believe that they're machine washable.

I have to brush my hats and keep them upside down in hat boxes. The nice part about good hats is that they last many years.

Ah, the old "boonie hat". I saw a lot of "wannabee warriors" wear them. They're great in the field and they're easy to clean. I believe that they're machine washable.

I have to brush my hats and keep them upside down in hat boxes. The nice part about good hats is that they last many years.
YEP that's what there called good to keep the sun off my head lol I have shaved head so sun is not my friend

I'm just waiting for some more hair to finish falling out first

I still have most of my hair. I shave my face daily and the nape of my neck at least 3 times a week. (I haven't had a commercial haircut in almost two years).

I pay strict attention to my hat size (a long oval requires a special fit). Trust me, if you pay attention to your body and how your clothing fits, it pays off. This allows me to buy good clothing and wear it until it is really worn out. I have some dress shirts that I'm about to give the old "heave-ho" because the collars and cuffs are beginning to fray. I always get my money's worth from my purchases.

I received some nice compliments today and was told that it is nice when I'm seen in the neighborhood dressed as I do. It's a small comfort, but I'll take it when its offered.

I have hats but I only wear them when I go out, for protection from the sun.
Mainly tho as a locksmith whenever I touch a hat it gets black graphite all over it, in the daytime--I wore my hats more when I had a dog to walk

Why didn't you say so? There's a world famous hatter in Cave Creek that puts together some expensive, yet worthwhile Western hats in beaver fur felt. (They begin at about $611.00 and run as high as $1100.00). If you get on ebay, you can find a black ball cap for under $4.00 shipped to your door from China. If it gets too dirty and won't come clean in the wash, you can replace it for a song.

Why didn't you say so? There's a world famous hatter in Cave Creek that puts together some expensive, yet worthwhile Western hats in beaver fur felt. (They begin at about $611.00 and run as high as $1100.00). If you get on ebay, you can find a black ball cap for under $4.00 shipped to your door from China. If it gets too dirty and won't come clean in the wash, you can replace it for a song.

I know the hat guy, I work on his locks from time to time

Bill: You might get an argument from William Barclay Masterson, William Bonney, Butch Cassidy and a few others. The gamekeepers of the English countryside were usually awarded a new bowler after their first year of service under the land owner.

The bowler was, from the beginning, a helmet. You are correct. The rabbit fur is better, but the beaver fur beats the rabbit by a country mile. (I wish Stetson would make hats the way they did in the 1950s', they lasted longer).
They were for STYLE, not utility, and the city boys didn't know any better.Out in a blowing blizzard, wrap scarf around the whole thing and the felt brim was more insulation for your ears, and wouldn't be able to blow away, in the rain it's your umbrella, need a bucket, or a fan to get the fire going, not with a derby!
I love hats and have worn them since I was big enough to walk by myself, you can't run fast enough to give me one of those bowls.
BTW I prefer to use Gabby on the 'net, and reserve my name for other purposes, I know it's not exactly what I'm signed on with but the handle "Gabby" was already taken if I recall correctly!
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads