JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My AR will not auto cycle, I have to Manually cycle it after i shoot. I am not sure what the issue is i lent it to a friend and this is how i got it back.. I have gone through and can not find a issue,,

It's a gas system, Anderson AR.
I have clean it, the collector on the bolt was lose so I tighten it up. Gas tube is clear.

9 out of 10 times, when an AR will not cycle, it turns out to be gas system related. If the gas key is coming loose, that is bad. It should be staked, and not come loose. The usual suspect, (IME) is the gas block. Misaligned, or blocked, or loose.

Garg is on the money.
Gas key loose on an Anderson upper??
What was your friend doing to/with your gun? (retorical question)
387bf-ar15-gasimpingement.gif
http://kr-15.com/2014/01/09/how-does-an-ar-bolt-work/
Cleaning an <broken link removed>
Carrier gas key clogged/damaged?
Gas tube clogged/bent/damaged?
Front sight post gas block clogged, mis-aligned?

Could also be a bent gas tube. I would just take the whole thing apart, and replace the tube.
They are cheap.

Edit, as an aside, that would be the last time I would loan that guy an AR LOL

Depending on the model, some Anderson's and ATI who use the same style/type are having loose gas blocks. Been experiencing this in carbine courses of late. Some become loose after a few rounds on day one, others toward the end of day two and some right out of the box. Don't ask me how I know this!! This is an easy check and correction.

Last Edited:
Come to think about it, I have never had a gas key come loose yet. I guess I am just a noob :)

If manufactured and assembled correctly the key should be held in place with grade 8 Allen screws torqued to 35-40 inch pounds and properly staked with a staking tool to mil spec requirements. If done correctly you most likely won't see this happen.

I'm unaware of Anderson having any key and/or BCG related problems. Only seeing the gas blocks not properly torqued and lack of using a hi temp screw/bolt adhesive thus gas blocks using Allen head screws coming loose.​

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads