JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No bother guys, am a sheep farmer so foxes are high on my target list around lambing time. That's usually a night time job, have a Led Lenser light mounted on the scope of the Tikka.
Grey (hooded) crows and magpie I would hit all year round, due to their charming habit of picking the eyes out of any ewe or lamb that's in trouble.
Usually have the Mossey 500 in the jeep or tractor for this purpose.
Broods of young magpies are dispersing at this time of year, and aren't just as "smart" as adults yet, so make mistakes and come into range :D
Most Gun Clubs here have vermin competitions, with prizes for those who shoot the most greycrows, mags etc.
(In Ireland a Gun Club is in 99% of cases a club of folk who shoot game birds. Most raise and release pheasants and ducks etc also)

Last Edited:
No bother guys, am a sheep farmer so foxes are high on my target list around lambing time. That's usually a night time job, have a Led Lenser light mounted on the scope of the Tikka.
Grey (hooded) crows and magpie I would hit all year round, due to their charming habit of picking the eyes out of any ewe or lamb that's in trouble.
Broods of young magpies are dispersing at this time of year, and aren't just as "smart" as adults yet, so make mistakes and come into range :D
Our besties here have a sheep farm and they have mountain lions. Being a farmer sort of sucks sometimes. However we get our own sheep and process them right there. Tasty little buggers.

Most Gun Clubs here have vermin competitions, with prizes for those who shoot the most greycrows, mags etc.
(In Ireland a Gun Club is in 99% of cases a club of folk who shoot game birds. Most raise and release pheasants and ducks etc also)
This guy is a good shot...
We used to hunt common black crows.
Electronic caller, 12 crow decoys in one tree and an owl decoy in another tree, was the standard setup.
1 oz. #8 at about 1400 fps would do the job, although these guys in the video look like they are shooting at longer ranges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top