JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
upload_2017-5-26_15-45-8.jpeg

Welcome to the Forum!

315710-8c850094d2fe0c5f766ec591e162d154.jpg Well, Stomper can call me AL so I'll keep this pic of Irish Purity. What a Honey takes after my little woman here, who is Irish and Algonquin Indian.

Welcome Nekarsulm, Glad you are here .

Last Edited:
Hello everyone. Just joined this group from Ireland, and find it very interesting.
I am a farmer and Auctioneer, do a bit of rough shooting, vermin control and try and hit a few clays most Sunday mornings!
Currently have a Mossberg 500 and a Beretta 391 Urika, plus a Tikka .223 and a little Kriko in .22 Magnum rimfire.
Greetings! I am Irish (50% in fact) and it is always good to hear from another Irish lad!

Now when you say vermin, do you mean...? LoL

Couldn't help myself. Welcome to the forum.

Vermin control = pest control. Animals and birds not covered by the Game Animals Hunting and Conservancy Acts of the relevant country, in this case, The Republic of Ireland.

Please read -

VERMIN

Species classed as vermin which can be shot throughout the year:

MAMMALS:

fox, rabbit, mink, rats, mice, grey squirrel, feral goats & muntjac (with suitable rifle calibre).

BIRDS:

All birds are now protected species.

Game birds can be shot in season

Vermin - rook, greycrow, jackdaw, magpie & pigeon can only be shot, under E. U. Derogation, if causing damage to crops, fauna etc.

Pigeons are the only bird that have an open season & can also be shot under E. U. Derogation.

One does not need to see these species actually causing the damage to be able to shoot them.....'if they are likely to cause damage' is suffice. (see Problems 2007 above)

There is a lot of confusion as to what 'vermin' species can be shot, and when, as it was stated in the Wildlife Act 1976 that:

according to the THIRD SCHEDULE of the Wildlife Act 1976 the following had no season and were not protected:

BIRDS

Bullfinch
Carrion Crow
Greater Black-backed Gull
Herring Gull
Hooded (Grey) Crow
House Sparrow
Jackdaw
Jay
Lesser Black-backed Gull
Magpie
Pigeons, including Wood Pigeon, but not including carrier pigeons, racing horning pigeons or doves
Rook
Starling

MAMMALS

rabbit

fox

mink

rat

grey squirrel

field mouse

This has now been superceded by the Wildlife Amendment Act 2000 & E.U. Legislation whereby all birds are classed as protected. Birds in red can be shot under E.U. Derogation. Birds in blue can be shot under E.U. Derogation by airport authorities..

tac

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top