JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure about anyone else, but sometimes in my dreams I can jump and fly for a really long time if I tense up and sort of force myself to stay in the air.

The worst is launching off a double jump on the motorcycle only to realize I'm about 300 feet in the air and knowing that suspension isn't going to soak this one up.

Identical dreams, several times. That's freaking weird.

I used to dream about flying around when I was young, but at some point I wasn't young anymore.

I hesitated telling this story on myself for a few hours, you'll see why. But then it's the phonies who never admit doing stupid things.

I've been prone to all night long nightmares for most of my life. By that I mean I wake up all sweaty and take a drink of water, curse, go back to sleep only to repeat it, all night. A few years back I realized that sleeping w a Glock in my hand helped a lot. Except for that ONE time when I woke up, only 25% conscious, grabbed the Glock, dropped the mag but failed to clear the chamber. Now to be brutally honest I was just conscious enough to realize that I didn't clear that chamber but in my stupid state I figured that since I never, EVER put my finger inside the trigger guard unless I want a bullet to come out that I would do the same even while asleep. Guess I thought I was THAT well trained...

Yeah, alright go ahead, I deserve it.....

So, as you can already guess the bad guys were shooting at me and that trigger was so hard to pull that it took the trigger fingers on both hands to pull it (my conscious, trained mind was fighting with my dreamy world) but it finally fired...

OH CRAP!! Fully awake now!! Checked myself and the dog at the bottom of the bed. OK. Bullet went upwards, through a bathroom wall stud and like Elvis exited the building. Funny thing is the dog never ran, whimpered or anything, just looked over at me as if I were a dumass, but he always was a smart dog.

No neighbors houses close enough to worry about.

155 gr Gold Dot penetrated alot, good bullet.

If my hand had happened to be pointed down a bit I could have lost a friend, a femoral artery or any of my three favorite parts.

So I don't do that anymore. Sort of. The bedside Glock stays in it's spot but I now keep my G23 w the 22 cal conversion beside the clock and since it's just a range gun it's never loaded in the house, and it's cleared many times before it goes on the headboard, that's the nightmare gun. The new rule is the bedside Glock never gets moved unless I'm going shooting or I'm absolutely 100% sure that I'm not dreaming, which can get pretty weird sometimes too, dreams within dreams...within dreams.

The dog forgave me very, very quickly. Much faster than I did. Either he never understand the significance of that loud explosion and me freaking out or he loved the heck outa me. That's a good boy.

Weird! I guess I just dream better than most of you guys! Never a malfunction, always win the gun fight and save the babe, downed cop or my wife with a nice 3 or 4 block shot with my M-1A or across the room head shot! Where upon, I grab my brass and get the heck out of there! Quit having these violent dreams a few years back. Do you suppose I'm cured???

Does anybody else have similar occurrences with ridiculously heavy trigger pulls in dreams?

Means your gay...............JK:)

Never had a "heavy trigger pull dream" but I have had several dreams where I was in hand to hand combat and it felt like I was fighting underwater. Like it took ten times the normal effort to make my body work but even then I was slow. Sounds like somethin similar going on in the subconscience.

I have read in the past that this is common. I still occasionally have dreams where trigger pull is to much and I cannot fire. I have found that when I spend more time at range practicing as well as mentally working through various self defense scenarios on a regular basis, my dreams change and the gun works as intended. I think it somewhat validates the phrase 90% mental 10% metal...

Another one is where you hear something or someone but you're aware that you're still asleep so you fight, fight, kick, thrash around trying to wake yourself up. It's like your fighting to get above water. Usually you finally snap awake and find out it was just another damed dream, but one time there was a car idling in my driveway with the headlights lighting up the room so my subconscious for once did good telling me to wake the heck up.

I often have this strange interaction between both states of conscious. Many times I'll be sleeping in the chair, having a perfectly lucid dream while at the same time I'm completely aware of my surroundings, the pets, the tv commentary, etc. The odd thing is how aware I am at the time that I'm in both psychological worlds, that I'm in that between world.

Never had a "heavy trigger pull dream" but I have had several dreams where I was in hand to hand combat and it felt like I was fighting underwater. Like it took ten times the normal effort to make my body work but even then I was slow. Sounds like somethin similar going on in the subconscience.
I dont think i've had reocurring shooting malfunctions in my dreams but this one does ^^^^
It usually happens for a few seconds in the fight. you seem to go into slo-mo or something.

Another one is where you hear something or someone but you're aware that you're still asleep so you fight, fight, kick, thrash around trying to wake yourself up. It's like your fighting to get above water. Usually you finally snap awake and find out it was just another damed dream, but one time there was a car idling in my driveway with the headlights lighting up the room so my subconscious for once did good telling me to wake the heck up.

I often have this strange interaction between both states of conscious. Many times I'll be sleeping in the chair, having a perfectly lucid dream while at the same time I'm completely aware of my surroundings, the pets, the tv commentary, etc. The odd thing is how aware I am at the time that I'm in both psychological worlds, that I'm in that between world.
Yeah that bubblegum's weird. happens to me when I take short naps in the day, which I never do :(

Do you ever have a crazy whack dream, then you realize you're dreaming. And you're conscious enough to wake up but you stay in the dream and kind of re-shape it into something you want. It used to happen to me a lot when I was youger now usually when I realize its a dream its cuz I'm already awake haha

Do you ever have a crazy whack dream, then you realize you're dreaming. And you're conscious enough to wake up but you stay in the dream and kind of re-shape it into something you want. It used to happen to me a lot when I was youger now usually when I realize its a dream its cuz I'm already awake haha

I have had that as well,though for me it seems to happen when a dream goes in a direction that makes me very uncomfortable or sometimes at complete random.Luckily it saved me one time from being mentally scarred from a nightmare.

Yep. And we both know what subject young men will naturally prefer to dream about. :)

Gee, never experienced that, but my normal recurring dream is my teeth start crumbling and exploding... because subconsciously, it's been too long since a dentist checkup. Once I go in, the dreams stop. Yeah, I'd say train more :s0114:

ive had many dreams where I am hand to hand combat & my fists are going like slo mo, Im trying to punch but like someone has mentioned above, it's like fighting underwater lol, never had a gun malfunction in a dream but I have dissassembled guns in my dreams & then have received the gun never holding one before & I can dissassemble it, or I went to vegas & had some strange de ja vu like I have been there before. knew where everything was in the hotel

Lol, I thought I was the only one who dreams about things like this. My guns never seem to work in my dreams. I'd either pull the trigger and nothing happens, or I just shoot all around my attacker. This one time I did manage to use my gun successfully, but then turned around and faced a group of 100 plus attackers.

Edit: you guys ever get sleep paralysis? THAT freaks me out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I used to dream a LOT with an occasional nightmare. There have been many times where I've had an awesome revelationl/idea, woken up and thought I should write that down immediately and then say, "naw, you'll remeber it" and of course I didn't... It was probably an idea worth BILLIONS. I used to keep a notebook and pen next to my bed, but for the last few years (unless the dog goes off) I pretty much sleep like death (for all 4-5 hours I do sleep)... That's why I don't fear it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top