Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Heavy Trigger Pulls in Dreams

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by aksu747, Jan 31, 2013.

1. aksu747

aksu747 Beaverton Active Member

I have noticed whenever I use a handgun in a dream the trigger pull is always around 25-40 pounds but I can always successfully use it to defend myself in my dreams.Does anybody else have similar occurrences with ridiculously heavy trigger pulls in dreams?

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Yea that'll happen. And you'll try to load/force dogturd looking rounds into x.. it goes on. It'll end, I assure you.
    My last recent "gun" dream was quite interesting but I won't divulge. No one got shot but things happened as I wished.

3. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

I've had FTE's and FTF's in dreams where I am defending myself, I still "make it" however. Just a sh*tty feeling to have even if it is a dream.

4. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

I've pulled the trigger so hard on my USP40 while dreaming that I thought it was going to break...like the safety was on even when I rotated it off.
    Funny...I thought I was the only strange dreamer :)

aksu747 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. OREGON FALER

OREGON FALER Springfield, OR. Active Member

Yep, I've had that.

6. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

This is your inner conscience telling you to train more.

7. aksu747

aksu747 Beaverton Active Member

That must be it since I only go to the range once or twice a year.

8. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

+1. I've had those. When I started shooting more, firearms started working properly in dreams. Strange.

9. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

In my dreams, my handgun is always a useless brick. The safety (a manual button safety like the shotguns of my younger days) is always on and wont come off, or I can't pull the trigger on an advancing badguy. Usually ends with a searing hot pain as I get stabbed, and then I wake up with a "wtf" sort of feeling. :bluelaugh:

10. Ligito

Ligito Oregon Active Member

In my dreams, if any water issues come up, I have to get up and pee.
    I better not be trying to shoot an automatic at that time, cause it'll
    jam and the bed will get wet.

Just sayin':laugh:

11. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

My best friend has the same thing happen in his dreams. He also says sometimes, when he is able to fire, the bullet just falls out the end of the barrel. I've never had a dream like that personally.

12. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

My gun rarely works in my dreams. Sometimes it fires but most of the time it's a FTF or the bullets don't do any good. I can tell I'm stressed when I have those dreams.

13. wolfcreek

wolfcreek Redmond Member

Similarly, everytime I ride a motorcycle in my dreams, it feels totally gutless - I'm twisting the throttle like crazy and it barely goes.

14. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

Not to alarm anyone, but I've read the FTF, gunfail, or any in dream mechanism "failing" are a conscious expressing fears of "impotence". Hopefully not in the literal meaning of the word. Hahahahaha.

I'm sure we can find some "rubber sword" dreams that will prove this. :bluelaugh:

15. Ligito

Ligito Oregon Active Member

Riding my motorcycle, gun jams and I have to pee.
    That could really be a wet dream.

16. wolfcreek

wolfcreek Redmond Member

What about those dreams where you try to post what funny than the post is fail?

17. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Haven't had any gun related dreams in a long time. I used to, but never had trouble firing. Mostly it was finding myself either alone or with a small group of people trying to defend against a larger, more sinister, group. One of them had me out in a field on a farm at a picnic table with my family when a plane (WWII German) comes out of the air strafing and then, as I'm running to my house which seems to be a good mile away, the plane comes crashing down flat, skidding across the field in the same direction I'm running and I look to my right and see the pilot looking at me from inside the cockpit. I run upstairs in the house (but I've never seen this house for real before) and get my lever action rifle and ammo. That's as far as it ever got.

Most of my dreams nowdays have me in either a House, Hotel or on a bus, train, or boat with a bunch of friends and just ending up in a house or hotel that has strange floor plans and/or weird stair cases.

18. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I thought I was having a nightmare but realized I was just shooting a Glock.
    lolz

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  19. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Not sure about anyone else, but sometimes in my dreams I can jump and fly for a really long time if I tense up and sort of force myself to stay in the air.

The worst is launching off a double jump on the motorcycle only to realize I'm about 300 feet in the air and knowing that suspension isn't going to soak this one up.

20. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

every time you shoot you should expect that to happen and practice your malfunction drill's religiously