JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And what did the highly intelligent dictators of this state think when they forced I-594 down our throats? :rolleyes: That more paperwork wouldn't happen??? o_O

My dealer hasn't used paper forms for at least the last two years.
All pistol transfers done online. So how could the backlog still be
growing?

"WASPC says police officers routinely access the database when working investigations. For example, it's part of the "risk assessment" officers conduct before they serve a warrant.

"When officers are going to go out and execute a search warrant or go out to serve an arrest warrant on somebody, they will frequently check to see if that person has ever purchased a firearm or a handgun. So at least they have some idea if they have a handgun before they go encounter that person," said Strachan."

So I guess if someone comes back as having never purchased a handgun they just assume the person can't be armed and lowers their guard? This moron is the executive director of the Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs?? I'm amazed he can put pants on by himself...

thats all real interesting but Washington State does not give a
Sh!t about the second ammendment based on I-1639 Rant over

Wait a dog gone minute, lawmakers said that WA didn't have a pistol registry!!! WTF!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Of course they do I said this before
When my hand gun got stolen .
They knew who I got it from and where able to trace it back to original buyer and return it to me after they figured out I didn't steal it some 25 years ago.

Best thing we can do is keep buying hand GUNs.
And keep the backed up for the next 20 years lol .
It just so happens I got a nice check yesterday .
I think I will go buy a pistol tomarow LOL

Of course they do I said this before
When my hand gun got stolen .
They knew who I got it from and where able to trace it back to original buyer and return it to me after they figured out I didn't steal it some 25 years ago.

I know right but they friggin lied!!!!
Pitchforks and tar & feather time!!!

dshuimA.jpg

Wait a dog gone minute, lawmakers said that WA didn't have a pistol registry!!! WTF!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

We've had -- since about 1935 -- a system where handgun purchase records are kept by some government entity. The entity tasked with storing the records bounced around between law enforcement and the Department of licensing a bit, but presently is handled by the DOL. With I-1639, DOL will also be keeping records of semi-automatic "assault" rifles sold or transferred from 07-01-2019 onward. WA most definitely has a registry, and it is expanding. The trick with making people think there was no registry was that the registration happened at the point of sale.

We've had -- since about 1935 -- a system where handgun purchase records are kept by some government entity. The entity tasked with storing the records bounced around between law enforcement and the Department of licensing a bit, but presently is handled by the DOL. With I-1639, DOL will also be keeping records of semi-automatic "assault" rifles sold or transferred from 07-01-2019 onward. WA most definitely has a registry, and it is expanding. The trick with making people think there was no registry was that the registration happened at the point of sale.

I was at a committee hearing a few years ago and a legislator told us that "Washington state DOES NOT have a pistol Registry".:mad:

I was at a committee hearing a few years ago and a legislator told us that "Washington state DOES NOT have a pistol Registry".:mad:
It's sleight of hand. We don't have to go get some card like they do in Illinois, but when you buy a pistol in WA, in addition to the Federal form there is a state form which the DOL records. That fom collects the following information:

RCW 9.41.090: Dealer deliveries regulated—Hold on delivery. :
(5) At the time of applying for the purchase of a pistol, the purchaser shall sign in triplicate and deliver to the dealer an application containing his or her full name, residential address, date and place of birth, race, and gender; the date and hour of the application; the applicant's driver's license number or state identification card number; a description of the pistol including the make, model, caliber and manufacturer's number if available at the time of applying for the purchase of a pistol.

RCW 9.41.129: Recordkeeping requirements. :
The department of licensing may keep ... copies or records of applications to purchase pistols provided for in RCW 9.41.090, and copies or records of pistol transfers provided for in RCW 9.41.110. The copies and records shall not be disclosed except as provided in RCW 42.56.240(4).

So call it data collection instead of registration. The effect is the same -- the DOL knows who you are, where you live, what your bought, when you bought it, your driver's license, race, DOB, and gender. That's pretty darn complete.

With I-1639, the word "may" in RCW 9.41.129 is changed to "shall" and in addition to pistols going into the registry/database/whateverYouWantToCallIt, all semi-auto rifles will also go into it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top