JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Kind of reminds me of that city that briefly passed the $10,000 per day fine for unregistered (I think it was assault rifles). Can't remember where that was, somewhere back East.

And some said it would/could never happen.
Hell_Frozen_over.gif

That being said, some people need to know (or learn) their history......
Its_all_legal.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Your voice counts. Rrrrrright.......
While many of the comments sent to the council via email were not from San Jose residents, we weren't able to find a single comment supporting either ordinance. Looking at comments received via the council's e-comment system, 143 of the 145 messages opposed both measures outright. At the council meeting itself, an overwhelming majority of witnesses testified in opposition to the laws.
The council nonetheless voted 10-1 to impose an insurance requirement on gun owners and 8-3 to levy a fee. The council must hold one final vote to make the new regulations official, which will take place next month.
^taken from the article.

Aloha, Mark

Politician(s) say, "We are only asking for reasonable and common-sense gun laws".

Common Sense? Gun control advocates often characterize their proposals as "common sense," but San Jose's new measures have been described as both unjust and impractical. Even putting legal questions aside (we'll get to those in a minute), forcing law-abiding gun owners to pay for the actions of criminals seems like the opposite of common sense to many Americans.
"The problem of criminal misuse of firearms must be addressed not by punishing those who abide by the law, but punishing those who break the law."
Eric Barloewen manages the firearms unit in a local crime laboratory in San Jose. He told the council that the "vast majority" of all gun-related crime is committed by individuals who are already prohibited from owning firearms.
"This proposed ordinance is simply an unfair tax to some of the city's population and will do nothing safety-related except drive good citizens out of our fine city of San Jose," he said.
^The quotes were taken from the article.

your-rights-end-where-my-feelings-begin.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
You know the left coast authoritarians in other states are watching this, frothing at the bit. If this passes there, it's only a matter of time before it infects the northern states.
Exactly. They never heard of a new law they didn't like.

They say "Ban ban ban. Regulate regulate regulate. Let's force everyone else to think like we do. Who cares about freedoms"

Last Edited:
Never thought I'd hear myself say it, but mebbe those bois in the Hawaiian shirts ain't got such a crazy idea after all... 🤔

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top