JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sunday night, my new shop just outside of Camas got broken into.
Thieves used a sawzall on the door. If you happen to come across any of these items for sale locally and the folks are methy... well, take note.

Here's a list of what was taken:
Ryboi Drill press
Dewalt track saw
Dewalt Metal cutting circular saw 18v, 2 batteries and a charger
Ryobi one + reciprocating saw 18v
Ridgid reciprocating saw - corded version.
Paint spray gun
Dewalt cordless drill + 4 batteries and charger
Ryobi cordless crown stapler
Ryobi cordless finish nailer
Ryobi cordless brad nailer
Ryobi cordless impact driver
Milwaukee M12 cordless ratchet
Milwaukee M12 Drill driver
Milwaukee M12 light
Milwaukee charger and 4 batteries
Cat LED light
Ryobi cordless drill 0ne +
Ryobi radio charger unit with USB
Dewalt screw driver cordless, 2 batteries and a charger
Ryobi One + batteries - (8 of them - 3 of which were the big 4.0 batteries) and 2 chargers.
Pelican 1500 case
Ryobi Biscuit jointer - corded.
Reciprocating saw blades - (a big package of metal and wood blades) 4 new pruning blades.
Boxes of finish nails, brads and crown staples.
Ryobi corded Hammer drill - and 1/2 concrete bit
Tap and Die kit
Roto Zip saw kit
Bose radio
Dewalt power hand planer
Ryobi flash light and battery.

Sounds like that's more than the standard backyard hobby shop for keeping your lawnmower tuned up Bass. While any theft is inexcusable, stealing tools that affect one's ability to work is heaping insult on top of injury.

It's a completely different level of theft that (in my personal sense of right/wrong) should carry a painfully hefty added penalty in the unlikely event of a conviction. Might be like that "special place in hell" some people talk about.

Sorry to hear you got "tweaked" man.

Last Edited:
I completely feel for your loss. God, I hate thieves and especially ones who steal a man's livelihood. I am very fortunate that I got nothing stolen in the 20 some years I worked the trades but I was extra careful too. My truck and tools were parked in my driveway next to my bedroom window with a gun close at hand. On the job always locked up, never left open. I had a camper like tool carrier that was 10' with a 4' front overhead over the cab of my PU. The door in the back was secured with three locks. My ladders were carried on the side with 2 locks for each ladder. I had the tools to build a complete structure from foundation to finish in my setup. I got many compliments from people in the trades and even owners on my setup. I hope you find the persons responsible and get your tools back. I had a list of every tool and serial number because my insurance required it.

I have this alarm system at my house and shop, and at 2 commercial buildings I manage. It was $ 500 to set up our place and $ 800 to set up the commercial buildings. $ 25 a month. They work well. I am adding cameras to our place and the one commercial building that does not have them.

These are cellular based systems with battery back ups so they cannot be defeated by cutting telephone lines or power lines. We have had no break ins or attempted break in's since we installed the systems.

We have had activations from breaking glass and motion activations when a picture fell off the wall.

If I had a trailer with tools in it, I would have telemetry alarms, that if the trailer moved outside of set time and locations I get texts and tracking starts. The cost is well worth the hassle of losing tools and work time.

SimpliSafe: Home Security Systems

I hope they find the bastard and he resists arrest... its a shame thieves like that don't hang anymore. That sounds like a planned burglary - not a "hey lits hit that random place" opportunistic hit. :( Employee/former employee/neighbors/coworkers would be my first suspects - someone who knew what you had in there.

The assumption among thieves and rightly so is that pretty much any box trailer is going to have something of value in it. Just what the value is is to be determined by the thieves.

Right now my box trailer has packing materials and peanuts in it, but will have furniture and tools in it, but I never leave it anywhere unsecured.

Best of luck getting your tools back. We had a pickup stolen from work a couple years ago. The guy even cut the lock off our diesel pump to fill it up before he left. One of our drivers saw the truck going down the road a couple days later and called the cops. Guy got a slap on the wrist and was out that same day because "he bought the truck from a buddy." the cops gave us the truck back and we ended up getting some weed and a meth pipe out of the deal.. I hope your thief is caught and justice is done better up in Camas than it is here. Cameras..

Recurring stories like this make me want to collect a bunch of empty Makita, DeWalt, Milwaukee and Craftsman boxes to leave stacked curbside by the recycling bin. Right next to a well-used box trailer with a rusty Dollar Tree padlock (but full of tannerite not tools).

Disclaimer: I'd NEVER actually endorse anyone doing something so dangerous and irresponsible, but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy an occasional fantasy about open season on tweakers. F_ing oxygen bandits...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads