JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Awesome.

And will never happen...we all know those evil inanimate mechanical devices will suddenly go rogue and attack. Didn't you see Terminator 3-Rise of the Machines? :rolleyes:

Boss

This is a good test for those who like to say "I support the 2nd amendment, but...".
Has nothing to do with firing a gun, or getting into ownership. Merely safety instruction (like we do for sex, drugs, nutrition, chemicals, poison, etc). For those who oppose it, we need to use their own language and tools to ask them why they are so anti-education. And why "if it saves only one life..." doesn't apply.

They SHOULD have no good reason other than to vote Yes for this. A good one to make them squirm and separate the true haters from those wrongly influenced by stereotypes propagated by groups like Ceasefire. Those people we can educate. The haters, not so much (and will make them look like the extremists that they are).

This is a good test for those who like to say "I support the 2nd amendment, but...".
Has nothing to do with firing a gun, or getting into ownership. Merely safety instruction (like we do for sex, drugs, nutrition, chemicals, poison, etc). For those who oppose it, we need to use their own language and tools to ask them why they are so anti-education. And why "if it saves only one life..." doesn't apply.

They SHOULD have no good reason other than to vote Yes for this. A good one to make them squirm and separate the true haters from those wrongly influenced by stereotypes propagated by groups like Ceasefire. Those people we can educate. The haters, not so much (and will make them look like the extremists that they are).

Going with that you could also contest them with removing firearms from a womans choice for self defense would increase her likelyhood of falling victims to rape or other crimes. I know a few women who carry just for this reason. Let them try to do mental gymnastics over basically ignoring womens suffrage etc!

I could see this being done at the rural school @TeacherSmurf teaches for. I doubt it will get through the legislation because, those that can't stop sniveling out "Gun safety!" would never allow the teaching of, you know, actual gun safety.

Which of the following do you believe describe the type of class imagined by the above bill:

From POLITICALLY CORRECTED Glossary of Terms:
Real Gun-Safety Class

A gun-safety class is real if it teaches a person how to shoot, or is taught by a marksman. Phony gun-safety classes, also known as "gun avoidance programs," are generally taught by people who want you to believe that guns are evil, and something you should never own. Range time is never part of a phony safety class. By and large the "teachers" are not gun owners themselves, rarely if ever practice their marksmanship skills, and may even favor civilian disarmament.

The curriculum in a phony gun-safety class is a mixture of fear, danger and avoidance that encourages gun ignorance. No empowerment takes place. A phony gun-safety class does not teach you how to handle a firearm in any manner, and even a dummy gun for learning rudimentary safety skills is usually not present. Safe gun use is simply not an issue at a phony program. The phony approach is becoming popular among pediatricians and the medical community, and others, who frequently are acting out their own repressed fears and personal dread of firearms. Real and phony gun-safety classes both usually include a good dose of politics.

I have to chuckle at this.

This used to be a common thing at PORTLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS. I got my hunter safety certificate from a history teacher. Of course, we also had rifle teams as part of the sports program and an indoor range in the school basement.

Common sense didn't need the state legislature's approval back then.

Last Edited:
Used to be taught in school as a kid of all places I know.......California.
What many see there was not what it used to be. And is why I can see Oregon doing the exact same thing.
I also see the same lazy gun owners sitting by giving their rights away oblivious to what is really occurring.

I have to chuckle at this.

This used to be a common thing at PORTLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS. I can get my hunter safety certificate from a history teacher. Of course, we also had rifle teams as part of the sports program and an indoor range in the school basement.

The good ole days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads