JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL -- it starts out like all new bills on guns, and then whammmo:

Gun violence is far too common in Washington state and across the country, particularly gun violence involving victims who are law-abiding citizens and who, if they had been armed, could have stopped the violence quickly without excessive loss of life or injury to other citizens. ...

Earlier on I referenced doing a repeal of I-1639.
This has made my day. Brings on a smile.
I will send my emails in support.
Thanks for the heads-up!!

Washington State Legislature

Contact your reps and give your full support to this bill!! This is a pro 2A bill that would roll back all of the extreme left's changes to our laws.

Here is the letter I sent my reps:
Dear Rep. _____________

I am writing to ask you to consider supporting HB 2103 "Simplifying firearms regulations". Regardless of your position on gun control, I-1639 has a lot of problems that the Legislature needs to correct. As I am sure you know, many Washington citizens believe I-1639 to be unconstitutional because it addresses more than a single subject: a new age restriction to purchase semi-automatic firearms, more extensive background checks, and safe storage requirements.

Furthermore, I-1639 is complex, ambiguous, and self-contradictory in places. For example, Section 5(2)(a) states "Community endangerment due to unsafe storage of a firearm in the first degree is a class C felony" and Section 5(3) states that it does not apply if the firearm was secured with a trigger lock. However, Section 16(24) clearly defines "Secure gun storage" as "A locked box, gun safe, or other secure locked storage space". What do I need to do to comply with 1639? Is a trigger lock sufficient, or do I need to purchase a locked box or safe?

This is just one of many problems with 1639. It is clear to me that the authors of the initiative have little or no experience with firearms, and the law suffers as a result. Citizens of Washington will pay the price, either as gun owners attempting to abide by the law to the best of their understanding, or as taxpayers who will pay for the State's defense of this muddle of regulations in the many court cases that are sure to follow.

I-1639 is deeply flawed regardless of your position on gun control. Please consider supporting HB 2103 so that Washington has a simple and consistent set of gun laws.

Sincerely,

I sent several emails.
So far, one response.

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns. In this legislative session the legislature has not taken action on any bills restricting our 2nd amendment rights. As the owner of multiple firearms and a concealed weapons permit holder I strongly support 2nd amendment rights.

Rep. Mike Chapman

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR