JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The thing with the adoption is definitely "may" not "shall" process. It really all rides on the person coming in from the state office because if the say no, you're done. Leaving loose ammo around the house isn't safe IMHO but everything else should be OK.

The lady that came tonight was very nice. She did mention my firearms once. She had been told about them by our case worker. her only question was "All firearms are safely locked away from small hands, correct?" I answered "Of course." and it was not mentioned again. :)

She even heaped high praise on us saying that everyone in the local office was raving about how well we weere doing with Zyler. After just four months with us his behavior rating at school has gone from a 55 to a 96. His grade point average has risen from a 1.2 to a 2.6 also. That is impressive by itself, but when you consider he is doing it with no meds it is an even bigger deal. We had him weaned off the excessive meds he was on almost immediately.

Sounds like you are on the right track and have a reasonable case worker. A co-worker down in CA told me horror stories about the OR adoption system. Her daughter is a less than ideal parent as she ended up with custody of two of the grand kids. last year - about 3 years since she adopted her grand kids one of them was staying with the other grandparents in AZ or UT for the summer - someone told OR that the kid wasn't staying with her and they started telling her that they were going to take the kid back if this was true accusing her of being an unfit parent. Not sure how they thought they could do this as she has full legal custody and the adoption is well past completion. Sounds like they have a few loose cannons that don't know where their powers end.

Best of luck with your adoption process.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top