JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
how well Portland gun laws are working. (sarcasm) Been rough that past
few days,week,months.. Portland should repeal the gun laws they are totally useless..

Gang activity suspected in shooting at NE Portland bus stop
Police gang team investigates shooting
One shot near Jefferson H.S.; police say it was gang related

It doesn't matter how tough laws are or how many you recover them, criminals will get their hands on firearms.

Key is the kill the main source, but everybody know that it's not an easy job.

criminals dont worry about a little 5yr gun charge when they are going to commit murder a much longer sentence or death penalty.
liberals think a little law that takes 2 to 5 years off your life will stop gun crimes.kinda like a restraining order will stop an angry jealous
man from killing what he thinks is his woman

Open season on gang members and all other morons that harm innocent people. On my way to work I ran into a transit police officer I used to deal with back in my Loss Prevention days.... they were riding the max to provide visual deterrence.... a few transit security officers were on too. It may help a bit but criminals are not blind and they will just wait till the cops and security have walked away. I don't wear my uniform when I am on my way to work, but the way I dress, it makes the low lives wonder.... I always get looks hahahahah..... also I am always packing so it's all good for me and oh so bad for the looser(s) that might try something. I don't look for it but if it happens too bad so sad for them. I am getting sick and tired of this crap. But what do you expect when the economy is in the crapper?

But what do you expect when the economy is in the crapper?

Actually, I think most of these guys that cause problems are just too lazy to work. That is why they wish to take from those who are willing earn their living by working and not as parasites on society.

Consider last years big grow bust up here by me (11 miles from the Canadian border). Who was doing the work? Illegal Mexican labor...the guys that were going to profit from those 40,000 plants were nowhere around. The poor Mexicans laborers that were caught were working for peanuts, were brought in just because it was cheap labor.

Think about it this way. The guys that were going to profit from the grow were in no jepurdy, and now they don't even have to pay the laborers as those guys all got a free trip back to Mexico compliments of US.

Illegal Mexican labor...the guys that were going to profit from those 40,000 plants were nowhere around. The poor Mexicans laborers that were caught were working for peanuts,
poor illegal aliens???first they broke the law entering the country illegaly,they work illegaly not paying taxes but draw income and food stamps and tax free work,then the broke a law again moving illegal drugs.
should we really see these people as victims?really?we paid into this welfare system all our working lives but we cannot get any of these benifits back when we need them so why so much sympathy for these people who keep choosing to break our american laws?

poor illegal aliens???first they broke the law entering the country illegaly,they work illegaly not paying taxes but draw income and food stamps and tax free work,then the broke a law again moving illegal drugs.
should we really see these people as victims?really?we paid into this welfare system all our working lives but we cannot get any of these benifits back when we need them so why so much sympathy for these people who keep choosing to break our american laws?

Get off your high horse and look more carefully. These guys are 40 miles back up in a wilderness area, the only way in or out is on foot, or horseback...sucking welfare my donkey's behind.

Most the Mexicans (legal and illegal) up here do jobs the "white" (and some black) guys would not do...like pick fruit on a production (paid per box picked) basis.

Get off your high horse and look more carefully. These guys are 40 miles back up in a wilderness area, the only way in or out is on foot, or horseback...sucking welfare my donkey's behind.

Most the Mexicans (legal and illegal) up here do jobs the "white" (and some black) guys would not do...like pick fruit on a production (paid per box picked) basis.

i have heard that old song and dance in the city all too many times too though"they do the work the white people wont do!"really?
roofing,landscaping,flipping burgers....all these things i did as a kid just out of school for peanuts just to make ends meet so
maybe you should get off your pitty horse and quit lying to yourself and others with this old liberal slogan i hear all to often
about jobs the whites wont do and get real....these are jobs the"legal"young men would love to have to make a start for themselves
im not talking the kid who smokes pot and plays xbox all day in his parents basement but the average kid who cant find work because bleeding hearts like you slander true american kids and stand up for "illegal"workers to mow your lawn for cheap because you dont wanna pay for a fair days work.

ok I posit this thought problem.

would YOU be willing to take a massive pay cut, say, 7 an hour, to do landscaping, mowing lawns, whatever...?

I am finding that many kids, REGARDLESS of ethnicity, those at least that are educated and schooled in the States; are simply NOT willing to get paid UNDER minimum wage for many jobs that uses illegal/migrant workers....these migrant/illegals do not pay taxes, because they;re paid under the table, companies do not pay payroll taxes, and they very much prefer to pay the migrants say $3 a hour-5 a hour IF that, just so they can save $15 a hour in compensation, taxes, pension funds. I understand that after paying taxes, many minimum wage only bring home approximately 5, 6 a hour; but they do get tax refunds IF they meet the tax codes for being exempt from taxes...I HAVE applied for jobs, I have said I will take MINIMUM wage, for the same job that used to pay $18 a hour; and still get passed over simply because I have not the experience wanted, and simply because I'm non-union in some shops. (and I'm college educated and 28 years of age..go figure.)

Horse pokey that white or black americans won't do these jobs. If you travel to rural areas you will see that the same jobs that are done by illegals in the big cities are done by Americans in the little ones.
With the illegals taking all the low end jobs there are a lot of people down on their luck that cannot even land a entry level laborer job.

ok I posit this thought problem.

would YOU be willing to take a massive pay cut, say, 7 an hour, to do landscaping, mowing lawns, whatever...?

I am finding that many kids, REGARDLESS of ethnicity, those at least that are educated and schooled in the States; are simply NOT willing to get paid UNDER minimum wage for many jobs that uses illegal/migrant workers....these
migrant/illegals do not pay taxes, because they;re paid under the table, companies do not pay payroll taxes, and they very much prefer to pay the migrants say $3 a hour-5 a hour IF that, just so they can save $15 a hour in compensation, taxes, pension funds. I understand that after paying taxes, many minimum wage only bring home approximately 5, 6 a hour; but they do get tax refunds IF they meet the tax codes for being exempt from taxes...I HAVE applied for jobs, I have said I will take MINIMUM wage, for the same job that used to pay $18 a hour; and still get passed over simply because I have not the experience wanted, and simply because I'm non-union in some shops. (and I'm college educated and 28 years of
age..go figure.)

I understand what you are saying about the work or lack thereof. It is extremely hard to get a job what people were making before they lost theirs. But, I know my 15 year old wouldn't pass up a job that pays $6 a hour. If illegals are going to be employed under the table then why not a bunch of kids who's parents actually pay taxes, pay into welfare, pay into social security, ec, ect.

After I got out of the service and moved into a house with my new wife, I got laid off from a good paying job and had to scrabble looking for another. I took anything from busting concrete to unskilled manual labor. Never knew how to work a jack-hammer before but I learned quickly. Tore up my hands pretty good and busted my back. Many of the the illegals can't get legitimate jobs because they're not legitimate workers...they have no birth certificate and probably fake ID and no references. No surprise they pick apples or just mule dope for the very coyotes that brought them over. Do I feel sorry for them? I guess the better question is: would you feel sorry for me if I decided that I didn't like the way the economy was going and decided to live off the grid elsewhere? I didn't think so. All an illegal has to do is deliver a child on this side of the boarder and they are set for life....it's called an "anchor baby". We're one of the only countries in the world that protects illegal immigrants. My only sympathy is for people that actually jump through the hoops to become a legal immigrant in our country...because all these illegals make it darn near impossible now-a-days for them to do it. And I blame the people that hire illegals and the government...but I don't really blame someone jumping the boarder wanting a better life. But illegals do more harm than good...for every one person that busts their butt and help our economy there are about five that cheat the system (i.e. steal identities, soak up welfare/social security benefits, fill up the school systems, dodge taxes, you name it).

Making this about race is a bad low...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads