JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've said I was done with a caliber, only to buy into it again, only to say I was done with it again. Seen SKS rifles are cheap again......hmmm.

I wouldn't consider most of the SKS's i have seen up for sale lately "cheap". I wouldn't pay more than 250 for one personally.

I owned a state of the art 40sw pistol for a short time that felt unnecessarily jerky, making the sweet trigger reset somewhat "elusive" for lackof a better term. Never fell in love. Sold it.

Ironically, Remington JHP ammo is cheap in the 100 rd boxes at Walmart (and I've seen a lot more of that in stock than .22 lr). So with that said, would I own one of those Hipoint 40sw carbines just for fun? If a cheap one popped up, you bet.

Pistol? Not so much.

I recently took possession of a winchester 16 ga side by side. I've found one box of shells.

I haven't been looking too hard.
Well heck--you should buy all mine. 6 or 7 guns, close to a thousand loaded rounds, reloader, hulls,
wads. I'll make you a sweet package deal. You can be the 16 ga KING of Washington! :)

I too dropped the 40 s&w... The 9mm and 45 ACP serves all my wants and needs in the pistol department.

.357 for revolvers ... But I secretly lust for a Model 29:D

.40 S&W - every time I break down and buy a .40, I remember why I sold the last one. THe first handgun I ever purchased was a .40 - I really liked that one, but wound up selling it because I needed cash when I was young. That was an early 3rd gen Glock 22. I purchased a Glock 22 again a couple years later, but found the 2nd gen .40's sucked. Ditched it, swore off the caliber for a while in favor of 9x19 and .45ACP. A few more years passed, I picked up another .40 because it was a good deal. Sold that gun quick. Shampoo rinse repeat. The lstt .40 I had was a couple years ago. I have been tempted a few times to get a .40 M&P - because I like the M&P, and I liked that .40 was available during the last craze to an extent - but I also don't want to buy a gun I won't shoot or love, as it seems like a waste.

I am also done with the .357 Sig, owned one. Shot a few others. Saw no point at all to the round for my purposes. As expensive as .45ACP, more recoil than a .40, less capacity than a 9x19 with the same size bullet, less commonly available than just about any other major centerfire handgun caliber...

I probably won't buy a .22 anytime soon - no one has ammo, the days of $10 bricks of 500 (or 550 from some makers) are long, long gone. No point in buying a gun I can't get ammo for, that makes them really expensive clubs.

Won't buy a .308 any time soon either, as mentioned, the days of cheap battle packs and mil surp stuff is way past, and I can buy double the 5.56 for the price.

For now I have 4 calibers to feed - 9x19, .45ACP, 12ga, and 5.56mm/.223

12ga seems to be one of the most reasonable to feed of the bunch - I picked up a few boxes of 00 2/34" for $2.99 / ea the other day. I think I am going to get more cozy with the shotguns than I have been in the past, since they have way more available options in ammo. If it fits in the chamber and goes bang it's all good.

.40 and .17HMR. Both rounds served me well over the years but BOTH are bastard rounds that serve a purpose....and yet...don't. I may/might consider just the right .17HMR but .40 could disappear tomorrow and I would hardly give a nod.

And how could I forget .30-06? Come on guys...a .308 or a .300 mag goes a lot farther in the caliber line-up.

.30-06...your time came and went. RIP.

Ah heck the old 06 isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and I for one got rid of my .308 and 300 mag in favor of it.

With the availability of different bullets it only made sence to keep it, the .338 WM and the .223 as the go to units for hunting in North America across the board, all the rest were lost in a tragic boating misshap awhile back.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top