JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only calibers I can think of that I have owned (not muzzle loading) that I no longer have a firearm in is .380 and that's only cause I haven't bought another and .222 which I got on trade and then traded away making a nice profit both ways. And I never shot it.

There are many many calibers I can't see myself ever buying mostly because I buy to a wish list and they just are the calibers the firearms I want have ever been offered in.

I don't think I will ever buy another .22-250. It is a great round, but I like the .223 better for the reduced recoil and I've found the 20 VarTarg and 6mmBR fit the bill better for the longer shots.

Yeah, I'm probably done with .22LR. I'm sitting on 5 guns and about 25k .22LR rounds. I don't want to shoot any of it because just like one of the above posters said, I haven't seen it on the shelf in years. And without the ammo a gun is useless.

Who knows, maybe that will change when adults are finally in charge in Washington DC. :s0076:

's got nothing to do with this; us gun people continue the shortage just because we continue the shortage on account of the shortage we created.

Time becoming distant from Sandy Hook without another incident helps a lot but the clowns in DC are all from the same circus.

BTW there were boxes of 500 CCI suppressor ammo, limit 2 per person (1,000 rounds) for several hours at Midway USA today.
You know they must have moved some boxes!

Time to stop blaming everything on the president, no matter who it is; it just isn't realistic, and no, I am not a fan. :s0143: Far from it.

As to cals I have dropped, .380, 32 ACP, just not enough oomph.

Keepers:

.22LR
12Ga

:s0053:

I have one gun in .40S&W and frankly I would like to get rid of it as I have found I am not a 40S&W fan. Unfortunately, I really like it and my wife bought me something specifically for it so there is a bit of nostalgia going with it.

I like to have one gun in each major caliber just in case I can't get ammo in the other calibers someday. Having said that, I have one .40 and it lives with a 9mm conversion barrel in place. Not a fan of .40 when I could be shooting 9mm or .45 ACP.

I don't have any as of yet. I've always tried to keep my calibers to a minimum. My main pistol calibers are 9mm and 45. I have many guns in each of those calibers. Maybe when I get older I will get tired of some calibers.

I have gotten rid of all 9mm pistols, brass and dies and I have absolutely no interest in the 5.56 cartridge. In my mind their are better cartridges than these two.

When I started shooting I was in love with the 1911. Therefor I owned a few. All chambered in 45. I was taking a class a while after I started shooting, owning pretty much only 45 cal 1911s, and the instructor told me I had hammer flinch. I've always wondered why I was less accurate with my pistols than my rifles at that time. Apparently it's a known thing? Some people see the hammer drop unknowingly and it will cause you to shift. I then bought my 1st striker fired pistol in 45, a XDm as I did not like the feel of the Glock 21. Once I made that transition I was much more accurate, oddly. Then a year or two later I got to shoot a modified Glock 17 and I loved it. Then I tried a 19 and it fit my hand better than any pistol before. This was around the same time as all the craziness was happening with Obamas second term, so ammo was getting more expensive. So I started shooting more 9mm and less 45. Then sandy hook hit and I pretty much gave up on 45 for both factory and reloading components were more expensive than 9mm. I no longer own any 1911s and I sold my Springfield, ending my 45 experience. I also made the effort to rid myself of funky calibers during sandy era, I own primarily 9mm, 556, 308, and a few 22s for practice sake. I'm thinking of offloading 30-06 for the fact I've been using 308 more now as well as for hunting. I haven't yet for the off chance I get a decent elk tag. I also collected a large amount of 7.62x54r and a few rifles in the caliber. I've often thought of selling it all, but I find myself unwilling to do it.

Time to stop blaming everything on the president, no matter who it is; it just isn't realistic, and no, I am not a fan. :s0143: Far from it.

I can understand when one makes a cursory read of my post how they can read more into, or add to what I wrote, and reach a different conclusion as to what I was trying to say.

For the record I am not a fan of this guy either, nor I was blaming him (outright). However, he is one of the many I alluded to.

:s0094:

Over the years I have had few calibers & few guns, hey, I'm a practical guy & I have WAY MORE fishing gear than gun gear....
That said I consolidated my rifles last year & ditched the 30-30 & 30-06 since I do not hunt big game after my back injury. I took up waterfowl hunting instead & have my trusty 870 & Stoeger S/A in 12 ga.
I now have 40S&W, .223/5.56, 22lr & 12 ga. I now have room for 1 caliber per shelf in my safe (& they are filled to the brim)....

45 auto.

After 2 1911's that never fed worth a shiny nickle and an FNP 45 that didn't like lead...I just quit the caliber. I would say cost was a factor, but I moved to .357 sig and it's not much cheaper at all.

I wish I could afford to run a lot more calibers! At the moment it's .223/5.56
9mm
12 GA
.22lr
In another State when I get around to bringing them here Is 44 magnum and 303 British
Looking to get 308, 762x39, .380 and 45
I would be satisfied after acquiring those I think? Don't want any obscure calibers but wouldn't say no if the right Webley revolver came along someday!

After my last purchase the wife said, "so you have one of each now, right?":s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top