JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I too have been to Twin Falls and the amount of zombie-like drug addled folks was so high I was surprised they could find their way out of the house. It's also a notoriously under-educated and poorly paid part of the country. It's not surprising that they're not able to comprehend a mask mandate and the benefits of a face covering during a pandemic.
Funny stuff! "Benefits of a face covering"!

Things like:

Plastic barriers still up though no masks worn. Stupid.

Masks at hospitals. Had to mask up at the dentist the last two days, my appt then the kids. Stupid. Not like my mouth is going to be open or anything so you can shove your hands inside it!

Out of stock. Lack of products, why the hell did I even try coming to this store! Online isn't much better either, order something in stock, but shipping companies are in shambles and you might not see it for a few weeks.

No longer in business. Tons of kid related things closed. Kids museum is a good example. Restaurants suck, staff issues, stocking issues, you name it. Not worth going out to eat anymore.

No employees. Or lack of employees. Help wanted signs everywhere. Those that are working seem angry all the time or burdened.

Activities are the biggest one bothering me. Either they are slow going since being able to reopen if they reopened, or they are extremely over booked. For instance, Forest Grove aquatic center moved to an online registration for swim lessons because too many people were harassing the limited staff running the place to get their kids signed up. If you aren't hovering in front of a computer when they open up the next sessions slots, your chances of getting your kid in are zero. All of 15 spots open for some of the time slots, I can't even imagine how many don't get in.

I could go on.

Honestly, I was really hoping to hear that there are folks living a normal life still. I'm truly glad to hear there are!

Living in the middle class suburbs these days just isn't what it used to be and I'm rather annoyed.
Eat a Snickers bro……

mostly a loner, don't go out much, and with my face a mask doesn't hurt.

so i'd say the COVID has had close to zero effect on my life. everything is closer to "normal" than not. :)

i think it's odd how people get all weird about a medical device. in what appears to be a mostly political stance. :(

mostly a loner, don't go out much, and with my face a mask doesn't hurt.

so i'd say the COVID has had close to zero effect on my life. everything is closer to "normal" than not. :)

i think it's odd how people get all weird about a medical device. in what appears to be a mostly political stance. :(
Everybody has unique personalities. Some people think the OP is strange for caring so much. Some people strongly agree. Some people are "meh".

So, in these cases of dispute, we need to lean on facts.

Virus comes from China

Facemasks are made in China.

China is Communist, and points nuclear weapons at us.

We are buying our face masks from the Commies who poisoned us, and they are now profiting from this "situation"

It's still up in the air if it was ever even legal to demand facemasks. Look at how facemask mandate was shutdown in airports and on airplanes.

Everyone wore a facemask well before the last Omicron surge, and were vaccinated, Omicron surge DID NOT care, it still tore through the population.

Certain, apparently healthy people, are still wearing their facemasks. Want to bet it's virtue signaling? Which is really what this was about the entire time.

That's all just facts.

Me, personally, I hated face masks because I had facial reconstructive surgery a few years ago and I have a huge scar from my right eye all the way down to my right shoulder, and it goes behind my ear. That scar was only 3 months old when I was told I needed to wear a facemask. And it freaking irritated that scar to this day. So, yes, it literally pissed me off.

Now that we can all be free to choose, I see it as an opportunity to more clearly see the idiots in this society.
And, I don't blame businesses for leaving the plexiglass up. I don't think they do it because they believe in it, I think they do it because they fear the government is going to reenact these mandates, and as a practical matter it's easier to leave the crap up.

I don't think they do it because they believe in it, I think they do it because they fear the government is going to reenact these mandates, and as a practical matter it's easier to leave the crap up.
I think you hit the mail on the head with this one. Businesses have been through the ringer with the yo-yo policies.

I too have been to Twin Falls and the amount of zombie-like drug addled folks was so high I was surprised they could find their way out of the house. It's also a notoriously under-educated and poorly paid part of the country. It's not surprising that they're not able to comprehend a mask mandate and the benefits of a face covering during a pandemic.
So you just described every major democrat led city in this country.

Except they are too stupid to comprehend wearing a mask in the car by themself isn't saving the world.

For a under educated part of the country, at least they are not purposely destroying themselves like Portland.

Last Edited:
Things like:

Plastic barriers still up though no masks worn. Stupid.

Masks at hospitals. Had to mask up at the dentist the last two days, my appt then the kids. Stupid. Not like my mouth is going to be open or anything so you can shove your hands inside it!

Out of stock. Lack of products, why the hell did I even try coming to this store! Online isn't much better either, order something in stock, but shipping companies are in shambles and you might not see it for a few weeks.

No longer in business. Tons of kid related things closed. Kids museum is a good example. Restaurants suck, staff issues, stocking issues, you name it. Not worth going out to eat anymore.

No employees. Or lack of employees. Help wanted signs everywhere. Those that are working seem angry all the time or burdened.

Activities are the biggest one bothering me. Either they are slow going since being able to reopen if they reopened, or they are extremely over booked. For instance, Forest Grove aquatic center moved to an online registration for swim lessons because too many people were harassing the limited staff running the place to get their kids signed up. If you aren't hovering in front of a computer when they open up the next sessions slots, your chances of getting your kid in are zero. All of 15 spots open for some of the time slots, I can't even imagine how many don't get in.

I could go on.

Honestly, I was really hoping to hear that there are folks living a normal life still. I'm truly glad to hear there are!

Living in the middle class suburbs these days just isn't what it used to be and I'm rather annoyed.
Bryon, if I would have been able to put into words the way I've been feeling, it would have been very close to the same. Sans kid stuff. I have a feeling that there is a very large group of people that feel the same way. I KNOW there are people that make light, or chastise us for talking about what bothers us about the handling of this for the past two years.

For the past two years, we just don't go where you must wear the face diaper. Aside from where one must go. We used to go out for dinner once a week, or every other week. A week ago we went out for the sixth time since the coof lock-downs started March 20 2020. How good it felt to slide into that booth, look around, and see no mask in sight.

I've also become very fond of my space. Our home and yard. My house has never been cleaner. And my yard has never looked nicer. I/we, also have to deal with the daily sight, if we leave the house, of the perpetual coming and going of the homeless camp a half a block away. I'm glad you don't have to put up with that!

We've put a butt-load of mileage on our car doing day road trips. Spin a bottle, grab an atlas, and pic a road. Always take the scenic route. It's not any kind of cure, but it has sure helped.

If you ever want to chat, in person, or here, just ping me. I don't work anymore and have way more time than I know what to do with. And I wouldn't mind seeing your new house either. Or, if you could stand it, you could come through here for a visit on your way somewhere, IF the bottle points this direction.
I'm married. 25 years.

Being married is a pain in the bubblegum. On the other hand, it forces me to bathe regularly, uphold my responsibilities, and act like a man, for the most part.

So just being me is being normal. Dealing with world outside of being a husband is the constant challenge, I doubt that will ever be normal.
This is a real good point.

Yeah there are barely any liberal arts or fashion degrees there, but I bet they comprehend how the areas with strict mandates did the same or worse than the areas that didn't. And I bet most of them understand that it doesn't make sense to require masks on an airplane with advanced filtration and ventilation.

Bryon, if I would have been able to put into words the way I've been feeling, it would have been very close to the same. Sans kid stuff. I have a feeling that there is a very large group of people that feel the same way. I KNOW there are people that make light, or chastise us for talking about what bothers us about the handling of this for the past two years.

For the past two years, we just don't go where you must wear the face diaper. Aside from where one must go. We used to go out for dinner once a week, or every other week. A week ago we went out for the sixth time since the coof lock-downs started March 20 2020. How good it felt to slide into that booth, look around, and see no mask in sight.

I've also become very fond of my space. Our home and yard. My house has never been cleaner. And my yard has never looked nicer. I/we, also have to deal with the daily sight, if we leave the house, of the perpetual coming and going of the homeless camp a half a block away. I'm glad you don't have to put up with that!

We've put a butt-load of mileage on our car doing day road trips. Spin a bottle, grab an atlas, and pic a road. Always take the scenic route. It's not any kind of cure, but it has sure helped.

If you ever want to chat, in person, or here, just ping me. I don't work anymore and have way more time than I know what to do with. And I wouldn't mind seeing your new house either. Or, if you could stand it, you could come through here for a visit on your way somewhere, IF the bottle points this direction.

This is a real good point.
You two planning to come out to the clean up in may? Would be nice to see you two again.

Clean ups were another thing lacking in the last 2-3 years.

You two planning to come out to the clean up in may? Would be nice to see you two again.

Clean ups were another thing lacking in the last 2-3 years.
I've been pondering that. I've been having knee and hip issues. Though if I sit it's worse. So it's a balance, Can't do too much of either. You, Wifey and Kiddo going to be there?

I've been pondering that. I've been having knee and hip issues. Though if I sit it's worse. So it's a balance, Can't do too much of either. You, Wifey and Kiddo going to be there?
Not sure. I plan to camp there the night before.

This isn't exactly Covid Thread 8.0 or whatever number we are on.

It's about normalcy and lack there of.

One can compare two states, one that was heavily burdened by lock downs and one that wasn't, and see the differences between the two.

Oregon was hit hard by restrictions, it affected my bubble heavily.

Again, not truly about the virus itself, though many will wonder in that direction…

This isn't exactly Covid Thread 8.0 or whatever number we are on.

It's about normalcy and lack there of.

One can compare two states, one that was heavily burdened by lock downs and one that wasn't, and see the differences between the two.

Oregon was hit hard by restrictions, it affected my bubble heavily.

Again, not truly about the virus itself, though many will wonder in that direction…
Good point, Reno. As far as normalcy, things in Yamhill County are pretty good. As ever, folks here are very polite and friendly. Not even much in the way of road rage lately.

Good point, Reno. As far as normalcy, things in Yamhill County are pretty good. As ever, folks here are very polite and friendly. Not even much in the way of road rage lately.
Road rage seemed to have become worse during the lockdowns.
The road rage definitely seems to have abated significantly the last few weeks.

Road rage seemed to have become worse during the lockdowns.
The road rage definitely seems to have abated significantly the last few weeks.
Aggression in general. Took my son to get a happy meal the other day, something I try to avoid but he enjoys, and the car to ahead was shouting at the drive through person about mayonnaise on his hamburger.

Aggression in general. Took my son to get a happy meal the other day, something I try to avoid but he enjoys, and the car to ahead was shouting at the drive through person about mayonnaise on his hamburger.
"Doing something normal" The Mcdee's drive through has been normal. Normally good, and sometimes normally bad? Normally so-so? :s0114:

Maybe drive through employees should be getting hazard pay?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top