JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Out of an abundance of being annoyed lately, I thought I'd ask.

Have you been anywhere that hasn't been affected by the stupidity of Covid?

Im all about done going to places and they all but suck raspberries.

Im gonna find a huge rock, put it in the yard and crawl under it.

Send a carrier pigeon my way whenever things ever get back to som sort of normalcy!

Rant over!

Reno

Send a carrier pigeon my way whenever things ever get back to som sort of normalcy!

Rant over!

Reno

The last 2 summers we have gone on long road trips for our family vacation.

Amazingly there are parts of this country that seem to have been untouched by the paranoia and stupidity.
I wont reveal where they are, i dont want to destroy their little slice of sanity.

Twin Falls, Idaho

Even during peak covid, the majority were not wearing masks and got on with life, felt normal.

HOWEVER, the Californians are moving in like locust changing things for the worst.

I feel your pain.

z-memes-23-5.jpg

The last 2 summers we have gone on long road trips for our family vacation.

Amazingly there are parts of this country that seem to have been untouched by the paranoia and stupidity.
I wont reveal where they are, i dont want to destroy their little slice of sanity.
I love Oregon, love the coast, but damn was this state affected. Hearing that other states basically lived life without any change just further pisses me off!

Went to Florida before our mask mandate was over, and it was so nice there. I mean, "Florida man" is an actual thing over there, but no worse than our PNW vagrants here.

As others have said, if you travel around the inland cities/states it was pretty easy to get a sense of normalcy. We intentionally spent extra time in Eastern Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Nevada and Utah during the last 2 years just because those places felt more "normal" even if you did see some libs in masks they were in the overwhelming minority. Take solace in those who don't conform to obvious stupidity.

Eastern Oregon was nowhere near as paranoid as the Willamette Valley. Idaho was fine, we could go most anywhere without being hassled.

Salem was/is better off than Portland. We had Lindsey Graham aka "Patriot Barbie", fighting back for small business owners (until the woke mob ran her off). But she is a hero to a lot of us here.

Rant over!

Reno

What Covid stuff are you still dealing with? Everything is pretty normal here.

What Covid stuff are you still dealing with? Everything is pretty normal here.
Things like:

Plastic barriers still up though no masks worn. Stupid.

Masks at hospitals. Had to mask up at the dentist the last two days, my appt then the kids. Stupid. Not like my mouth is going to be open or anything so you can shove your hands inside it!

Out of stock. Lack of products, why the hell did I even try coming to this store! Online isn't much better either, order something in stock, but shipping companies are in shambles and you might not see it for a few weeks.

No longer in business. Tons of kid related things closed. Kids museum is a good example. Restaurants suck, staff issues, stocking issues, you name it. Not worth going out to eat anymore.

No employees. Or lack of employees. Help wanted signs everywhere. Those that are working seem angry all the time or burdened.

Activities are the biggest one bothering me. Either they are slow going since being able to reopen if they reopened, or they are extremely over booked. For instance, Forest Grove aquatic center moved to an online registration for swim lessons because too many people were harassing the limited staff running the place to get their kids signed up. If you aren't hovering in front of a computer when they open up the next sessions slots, your chances of getting your kid in are zero. All of 15 spots open for some of the time slots, I can't even imagine how many don't get in.

I could go on.

Honestly, I was really hoping to hear that there are folks living a normal life still. I'm truly glad to hear there are!

Living in the middle class suburbs these days just isn't what it used to be and I'm rather annoyed.

Things like:

Masks at hospitals. Had to mask up at the dentist the last two days, my appt then the kids. Stupid. Not like my mouth is going to be open or anything so you can shove your hands inside it!

Out of stock. Lack of products, why the hell did I even try coming to this store! Online isn't much better either, order something in stock, but shipping companies are in shambles and you might not see it for a few weeks.

No longer in business. Tons of kid related things closed. Kids museum is a good example. Restaurants suck, staff issues, stocking issues, you name it. Not worth going out to eat anymore.

No employees. Or lack of employees. Help wanted signs everywhere. Those that are working seem angry all the time or burdened.

Activities are the biggest one bothering me. Either they are slow going since being able to reopen if they reopened, or they are extremely over booked. For instance, Forest Grove aquatic center moved to an online registration for swim lessons because too many people were harassing the limited staff running the place to get their kids signed up. If you aren't hovering in front of a computer when they open up the next sessions slots, your chances of getting your kid in are zero. All of 15 spots open for some of the time slots, I can't even imagine how many don't get in.

I could go on.

Honestly, I was really hoping to hear that there are folks living a normal life still. I'm truly glad to hear there are!

Living in the middle class suburbs these days just isn't what it used to be and I'm rather annoyed.
Obviously, bigger government is the answer.

Lool

Things like:

I could go on.

100% agreeing with you, that sums up my frustrations too.

My wife says that the west coast shipping ports are anticipating a big strike soon. Hey, found it!

I was getting optimistic about the USA supply chain pivoting away from China, but just when you think we may start to recover, NOPE. Now we have our own port guys getting ready to bend everyone over.

What, you mean to tell me you're not accepting the "new normal"?

My wife says that the west coast shipping ports are anticipating a big strike soon. Hey, found it!

I was getting optimistic about the USA supply chain pivoting away from China, but just when you think we may start to recover, NOPE. Now we have our own port guys getting ready to bend everyone over.

Sad but who did not see this coming? Still a shortage of workers for many jobs. Now those workers there see what happens when they go to buy gas, food, pay the rent, ect. So they want more money and they know they have people over a barrel. So they will of course demand more money now. I have to wonder how many of them voted for the people making this mess because their union told them too?

Sad but who did not see this coming? Still a shortage of workers for many jobs. Now those workers there see what happens when they go to buy gas, food, pay the rent, ect. So they want more money and they know they have people over a barrel. So they will of course demand more money now. I have to wonder how many of them voted for the people making this mess because their union told them too?

Those union guys are generally extremely loyal to their union, and the union always suggests they vote democrat.

My wife was saying that their healthcare copay is only $1. Hey, I'm in a union too, but we don't get anywhere near the perks as the port guys.

They need to be respectful of the rest of their "union brothers" who are hurting like everyone else, and not make things worse. This is a very bad time for them to throw a tantrum, er, I mean to strike

I'm pretty sure that the port workers of California might be all that's left of anyone actually working in California.

I'm married. 25 years.

Being married is a pain in the bubblegum. On the other hand, it forces me to bathe regularly, uphold my responsibilities, and act like a man, for the most part.

So just being me is being normal. Dealing with world outside of being a husband is the constant challenge, I doubt that will ever be normal.

Twin Falls, Idaho

Even during peak covid, the majority were not wearing masks and got on with life, felt normal.

HOWEVER, the Californians are moving in like locust changing things for the worst.
I too have been to Twin Falls and the amount of zombie-like drug addled folks was so high I was surprised they could find their way out of the house. It's also a notoriously under-educated and poorly paid part of the country. It's not surprising that they're not able to comprehend a mask mandate and the benefits of a face covering during a pandemic.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top