JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was just hunting up on Mary's Peak tonight and it looks like the trash shooters have been out on force on the Harlan road cut off. I was going to wait until after deer season is over(still looking for one) and then spend a Saturday up there cleaning things up. I will contact the forest service in Corvallis to see if we can empty the trucks into their dumpster. If anyone close wants to help let me know. It will be early November. Did get 3/4 a plastic grocery bag of brass tonight just looking around.

Thanks
Craig

Is there a time you want to setup? I'm never up there and would probably get lost but I would have to follow somebody to that location (unless GPS coordinates are given).

Of course this is after Sept 4th (is that the end of general season?). I wouldn't mind bringing the boys up there if it's a time that allows on a weekend to have them do some cleanup.

It will probably be the 2nd weekend in November. We could meet in Corvallis or Philomath. The family or at least part of it will come also. Most likely shoot a few rounds also. Be great to have some help.

It will probably be the 2nd weekend in November. We could meet in Corvallis or Philomath. The family or at least part of it will come also. Most likely shoot a few rounds also. Be great to have some help.

Thanks, I think that day will work. Busy schedules keep me from doing more than I want.

Send me a message a week or a little more out so I can verify again. I will forget if not reminded, that's the bad part. :mad::mad:

I think it would be good to take the boys up.

Nice work, gents. Good to see someone taking the initiative, Rem!

Is this close to the same area, Mary's Peak, that we cleaned up last spring? I know Dyjital was there, along with a few other NWFA members. We could send them an invitation to this as well.

If this is in the same area, I recommend you contact Corporal Al Schermerhorn, of Benton Co Sheriff's Dept. He's the one who organized the previous clean up and really would like some help with that. He's got the contacts you need to set it all up.

Cpl. Al Schermerhorn
180 NW 5th Street
Corvallis, Oregon 97330

Work Cell (541) 521-8555
Office (541) 766-6874

[email protected]

The clean up thread of 6-20-15, with maps and info, is:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/marys-peak-june-20th-2015.199324/

This is the one we cleaned up on June 20, 2015...
P1070864.JPG

@Rem700..300 here is your list thread. :)

Sadly @Cogs i came down with a fever on that first cleanup. :-( haven't been sick like that for a long time. Can't take credit for something I didn't do.

I'll be available most of the day the 14th (that I know of), the 15th being Sunday I'll be doing some studying at the local Chapel and available to go around 1:00 (after church and after kids are fed). :)

My weekend is destroyed with events I didn't know. I'm sorry Rem700. I'm scheduled on Saturday to be in Eugene at 3:00 which just about kills anything else I would do that day for an extended period of time. (guess that's the at home dad life..:()

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top