JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. May yours be a good one. I have been cooking all day, but everything is done. We just sat down to enjoy a drink or two before we warm up the food and stuff our faces. I just have to remember, save room for the pie:)

I am so stuffed I can hardly move around. I have to wait to sample the Punkin Pie. I let the wife sit out the cooking today. She got her White Meat for sandwiches, and I got the rest of the left over Turkey to make Turkey Salad for Cracker Spread. though it was only my wife Daughter and I this year, it was an enjoyable Thanksgiving for us. Next Turkey is for Christmas:eek::p

Gotta good drinking going on, us Ukrainians put it away good! 4 bottles and counting of really good Vodka, I'm just starting to feel it! Lol! My Dad keeps pouring them, and they keep getting shot down, damn, it' going to hurt in the morning! Lol

Gotta good drinking going on, us Ukrainians put it away good!

I don't know the Ukrainian word for a toast, but I do the English, Spanish, and German: Cheers!, ¡Salud!, Prost!, respectively. Perhaps those will do. And if would care to share the Ukrainian version, I would be glad to know, my friend. :)

Beyond that, we finished our Thanksgiving meal. I delivered the prayer and then we feasted on chicken, potatoes, rolls, and green beans. @TeacherSmurf is a good cook. And, to quote an American poet of sorts, Young MC, in "Bust a Move": "But then you ate so much you nearly split your pants". ;)

I don't know the Ukrainian word for a toast, but I do the English, Spanish, and German: Cheers!, ¡Salud!, Prost!, respectively. Perhaps those will do. And if would care to share the Ukrainian version, I would be glad to know, my friend. :)

Beyond that, we finished our Thanksgiving meal. I delivered the prayer and then we feasted on chicken, potatoes, rolls, and green beans. @TeacherSmurf is a good cook. And, to quote an American poet of sorts, Young MC, in "Bust a Move": "But then you ate so much you nearly split your pants". ;)
Sure thing, :D
Z avashe zdorov'i͡a -cheers!
Or, Prīĭmіt' moї naĭkrashchі pobazhanni͡a
-Blessings and best wishes!:)
Traditional Slavic. Similar to, but different from other Slavic language, not always interchangeable! :D

Sure thing, :D
Z avashe zdorov'i͡a -cheers!
Or, Prīĭmіt' moї naĭkrashchі pobazhanni͡a
-Blessings and best wishes!:)
Traditional Slavic. Similar to, but different from other Slavic language, not always interchangeable! :D

Oh, my, that is a mouthful. I could try to pronounce it, but I do believe I would fail something spectacular. I don't know much, well, anything Slavic-wise. My better half is German—Polish, so I've heard her family speaking the latter in Thanksgivings past. But it is, as they say, "all Greek to me." ;)

Languages aside, best of wishes to you and yours. Cheers, friend, however you wish to say it. :)

Yup! Russian and Ukraine are similar, but the Cyrillic's are very different, two extra letters in Russian, with different pronunciations, and Masculine and Feminine, screws it all up but good, bound to start a fight! Lol, it' why my Bride and I stick to broken English, less chance of a beatin with a bread board over Ura-Ki's head!!! You think Irish or Italian women are mean, you don' wanna pizz off a Ukrainian woman! Lol:D

Yup! Russian and Ukraine are similar, but the Cyrillic's are very different, two extra letters in Russian, with different pronunciations, and Masculine and Feminine, screws it all up but good, bound to start a fight! Lol, it' why my Bride and I stick to broken English, less chance of a beatin with a bread board over Ura-Ki's head!!! You think Irish or Italian women are mean, you don' wanna pizz off a Ukrainian woman! Lol:D

Funny, all this time and I never once detected an accent! :D

50% Hungarian here, and don't speak a word, unfortunately.

Thanksgiving's First Rifle: The Mayflower Wheel-lock Carbine - American Digest

aathe-gun-responsible-for-the-first-thanksgiving.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews