JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
QDHGa7F.png
Happy Halloween, Northwest Firearms. Have a safe and fun one. :)

What are all those scawwwy :s0001:kids getting at your door tonite?...
...Koolaid drink pouches (.07 ea. and I don't get fatter from scarfing down those little candy bars all night) were such a hit last year, we're giving them out again this year (125-ish kids last year).

Last Edited:
I put a large bowl of candy on the front porch bench. With a sign that says "Take two". I'm lazy, so what? :D

No one trick-or-treats in our neighborhood anymore :( I guess it does save me from having to buy a bunch of candy but I do miss it! I'll be taking the little one (in his fireman costume) to downtown edmonds for the festivities - It has been fun taking part in that for the past couple of years. I'll keep an eye out for clowns:rolleyes:.

14884482_10154684404624839_3180701200804718910_o.jpg

My costume for the evening. I had to work making deliveries and got quite a few nice compliments about my outfit. Most of the customers actually recognized the significance of it, too.
My manager took the shot using my new Galaxy S7 phone.

This year was bittersweet. Last year my daughter (3yr old) went to two houses and was scared to go to the doors so we just went home.
This year was a 180 she was all excited and running to each house having a great time. Was that really great parent experience. My son was dressed as the cutest monkey (9mths old), However, my mom came over to spend the holiday with us and showed up at 4pm hammered off her arse. Like couldn't stand on her own, pissed her pants drunk.
I made my brother drive her home early. Then sent her a message today saying she was no longer welcome in my home or able to see my children.

There was a saying I learned early in my life.
God gave us friends to apologize for our family. That was never more true then for me growing up.

I'm very happy to say that lifestyle and burden ended it's cycle with me.

Nobody trick-or-treats in my hood either... and with us being stuck in a hotel on business my mother decided to do some artsy-craftsy crap with cupcakes for the staff. (We've spent enough time here over the years some of the staff are like family.)
20161101_185244_zpsdjzhpd66.jpg
20161101_185309_zpsavfomr7q.jpg
The cutlery is royal icing, the "blood" is cherry syrup.

Beats last year when Junior tried to make a nest in the middle of the goodie bags at my aunt's place... lol

Wow Clearconscience, that's cool about your kids but really sad about your mom!! No way I can 1/2-Like your post??

"You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives."

Yeah it is my mom and dad (divorced) are both terrible grandparents.
It's really sad. When I was a kid I grew up with a lot of resentment just wanting normal parents. Then I made my peace with it. Being an adult you can choose you environment, but now with kids it opens that wound again. And now my only job is to protect them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top