JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This year was bittersweet. Last year my daughter (3yr old) went to two houses and was scared to go to the doors so we just went home.
This year was a 180 she was all excited and running to each house having a great time. Was that really great parent experience. My son was dressed as the cutest monkey (9mths old), However, my mom came over to spend the holiday with us and showed up at 4pm hammered off her arse. Like couldn't stand on her own, pissed her pants drunk.
I made my brother drive her home early. Then sent her a message today saying she was no longer welcome in my home or able to see my children.

There was a saying I learned early in my life.
God gave us friends to apologize for our family. That was never more true then for me growing up.

I'm very happy to say that lifestyle and burden ended it's cycle with me.

Major bummer, sorry to hear that about your mom. Glad you got to enjoy your kids though!

Yeah it is my mom and dad (divorced) are both terrible grandparents.
It's really sad. When I was a kid I grew up with a lot of resentment just wanting normal parents. Then I made my peace with it. Being an adult you can choose you environment, but now with kids it opens that wound again. And now my only job is to protect them.

Best thing you can do now is be the parents to your kids that you didn't have. My wife and I both came from somewhat dysfunctional families, but we have both worked hard to give our daughter the attention, love and encouragement we didn't always get from our parents - and leave the guilt out of the whole deal too. I may be biased, but she seems to be thriving under our way of doing things.

Good on you for being a good parent to your kids!

We don't get trick-or-treaters, we live at the end of a long, dark cul-de-sac with some distance between homes, so we stopped trying to prepare years ago. It allows us to spend time out with our daughter and not have to man the door. Works out well for us.

This year was bittersweet. Last year my daughter (3yr old) went to two houses and was scared to go to the doors so we just went home.
This year was a 180 she was all excited and running to each house having a great time. Was that really great parent experience. My son was dressed as the cutest monkey (9mths old), However, my mom came over to spend the holiday with us and showed up at 4pm hammered off her arse. Like couldn't stand on her own, pissed her pants drunk.
I made my brother drive her home early. Then sent her a message today saying she was no longer welcome in my home or able to see my children.

There was a saying I learned early in my life.
God gave us friends to apologize for our family. That was never more true then for me growing up.

I'm very happy to say that lifestyle and burden ended it's cycle with me.

Well, clear, I'm both sorry and glad for you!

It's so great that your kids had a good Halloween! :D

Well, clear, I'm both sorry and glad for you!

It's so great that your kids had a good Halloween! :D

Yeah I couldn't ask for better kids. They are both great.
That was always in the back of my mind even when I was a kid. Be the parent I didn't have. My wife and I waited to get married and get some things in order before having kids so we actually planned it. Weird these days.

I have a great like minded partner in my wife so that helps a lot. She's definelty the better half.

Sorry for thread jacking!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top