JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Imagine that.

Sucks his security cameras went offline a few weeks ago...

This just goes to show how many people wait until the last minute.

Not that I am all that different; mea culpa - but when it comes to buying guns and ammo, I don't wait.

I agree guns and ammo I am good to go but is it a last minute purchase because they did not think it could happen or I already have 10 mags and 2000 rounds but if SHTF happens 40 mags and 4 thousand rounds would be better to have stashed in key locations just in case?

I see both sides of the issue as I have more than enough toys and ammo to meet most demands but if you tell me your going to possibly take something away I will buy more even though I really do not need it just to piss them off.

Because if all the laws pass most of what the people are buying will most likely have to be turn in or destroyed if they follow the law. As it stands there was no grandfather clause in the proposals just talk of maybe adding it only because of the large push back they have received.

You also have to remember they just got voted into office in November and that is when the up tic in sales happened as people realized it could truly happen.

Do not get me wrong you should always be prepared but it is hard to choose what disaster to prepare for and how heavy you prepare for it. I do not prepare for floods as I live on a side of a mountain and if I get a flood that means most of Washington and Idaho are gone but you can bet if I see the low lands around me starting to fill with water I am looking for a large boat and fast but until then I have no use for a boat.

This just goes to show how many people wait until the last minute.

Not that I am all that different; mea culpa - but when it comes to buying guns and ammo, I don't wait.

Not all wait til the last minute -- those just coming of legal age to purchase for example, never had a chance to be diligent. Think about 1986 and automatics -- how many people never had the chance to buy a reasonably priced new automatic rifle simply because they weren't of age when new manufacturing was banned? Or let's say the 90s ban on mags/certain semi-auto rifles had never sunset -- a kid turning 18 (or 21 in some states) today would never have had the chance to get in under the grandfather clause.

Grandfather clauses are really sneaky -- they play on people's inclination to engage in self-interest in order to achieve complete destruction of the 2A. I'm not faulting people who engage in self-interested behaviors -- I'm buying mags presently and really thinking hard about a progressive press in light of likely new legislation this year, I just hope that satisfying my self-interest doesn't dull my opposition to these laws.

Turning your property over to the government to remain a good guy in the hope it will be returned or financially compensated has never happened from what I can remember. My crystal ball says it never will. That would make government. .. wrong. Usual when government asks itself if it was wrong, government normally says, no.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top