JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My cocky cousin had a small, really small handgun that was i think a .32
It had a pocket or belt clip like a knife has. It was either a Kahr, or Kelly tec.
Tell me what it is.
Reliable?
Price?
It was damn cool.

I have the Kel-Tec P3AT with the belt clip. It is a .380 acp. Been a great gun, very reliable, no failures, and perfect for CCW. Disappeears in a pocket.

Not the gun to have if you want to go shoot for fun. Lots of rough edges and really snappy with the .380. Would definately recommend it for carry.

Belt clips are dangerous in my mind. They do not cover the trigger so there is a greater risk of an accidental discharge than if you use a holster with proper trigger coverage.

Belt clips are dangerous in my mind. They do not cover the trigger so there is a greater risk of an accidental discharge than if you use a holster with proper trigger coverage.

I agree. That's an accident waiting to happen. As well, I am not impressed by Kel-Tec. Cheap gun, crappy trigger, and not 100% reliable either. I wouldn't consider carrying this gun. There are so many better options out there.

IMO the belt clip thing as well as covering the trigger depends on the weapon. No thanks on the mentioned Kel-tec and other modern striker fired pistols or single actions such as the 1911 (though better the former), I would have no issue with a say S&W 442 or DAO 3rd gen Smith or Sig P series, you get the picture.
Still have a chance, albeit maybe remote, of catching it on something which, in my mind, would be taking unneccessary risks.

For the other side of the arguement. I've never had a problem with my Kel-tec.

I haven't with my P3AT but the P-40 with either the standard .40 barrel or the optional .357 SIG can cause people problems if the limp wrist it! In fact, that's the reason KT quit producing it, just too many perfectly functioning guns returned to them.

Yes, it's "snappy" and people stop and ask what it is due to it's small size and sound. It used to be my carry gun, and it is VERY reliable, if held right.

Still have a chance, albeit maybe remote, of catching it on something which, in my mind, would be taking unneccessary risks.

I carry the P3AT in my bathrobe pocket and have for years now with never a "catch". The trigger has a long hard pull unlike a Glock. I won't own a Glock due it not having a positive safety and all the ND's that the police have had over the years.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top