JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I double checked this before I posted and federal law requires a person to be the age of21 before they can lawfully purchase a handgun from a FFL or a private party.

No it doesn't. You have to be 21 to buy from an FFL, 18 in Oregon to buy from a private party. FFL's, since federally regulated, may only sell to those over 21. As long as you are over 18 inOregon you can buy from a non-ffl. It is hard convincing people though even with the laws there. People are just so ingrained with it being 21.

Agreed to the above posts. Private party is fine if at least 18. I to am under 21 so I know what you mean when it comes to convincing people that it's legal. The bummer is that you can legally buy the gun but not the ammo. :( From a store anyways.

Should be the same in WA. When I was 19, I did a delivery route for a pharmacy, sometimes delivered to the bad parts of town. A buddy who was over 21 gave (gifted) me a pistol. I got pulled over one time on the weekend. I had the gun in a case, not loaded, and the WA trooper said I was legal to own it. You just can't buy one, it had to be gifted, but still legal to posess. I bought 9mm ammo all the time, I don't remeber getting carded for it.... Maybe they should have carded me, but they didn't.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top