JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so i have a question what does everybody do with there handgun boxes/gun locks once you get home? All my guns are stored in my safe so i dont need the boxes or locks and when i go shooting i use my range bag. The boxes are starting to pile up in my closet and the wife wants me to do something witht them. Is there anywhere i could donate the gun locks or do any of you have any creative ideas to use these extras i have laying around?

I look at them and wish that I had more of them to worry about.

One solution is to just keep the "boxtop" so to speak. Carefully saw the section with the serial number off, perforate and string together with wire, possibly attach a small envelope with your receipt to the back of the boxtop for your records.

I wear them like an ear necklace similar to soldiers in Vietnam era. :)
All joking aside, i normally leave my locks in the box them came in. Guns are in the same so no need to use them but when i didn't have a safe i normally lock up all but one handgun and my shotgun out of habit.

I once used the lock that came with a Mossberg in a pinch and the paper thin key broke off in the lock and I had to cut it off. Now I treat that garbage as souvenirs. I keep the lock, manuals, cleaning rods etc in the box and set aside in case I ever want to sell the gun.

I'd say that untill YOU have more gun boxes than SHE has shoes and handbags that she shouldn't worry about them.
No? Maybe not.....

Mike

I went to a DARE / Police Day at the local sheriff's office (near the Clark County Fairgrounds). They had boxes of gun locks that they were giving away to anyone who wanted them. They were encouraging people to take one for every gun they had in their homes. Maybe donate to them? I will second the "Pay it Forward" section too.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top