JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got to worrying ... a year or so ago.
Went to Home Depot for some 5 gallon buckets and lids.
Went to Costco for some sacks of rice and beans, canned chili stew, spices.
Put em all in the buckets.
Went to Fred Meyers, bought about 10 lbs of dry ice, divided among the buckets.
Lids on but not sealed till the ice melted, then sealed the lids.
Buckets full of food and carbon dioxide and some dead bugs maybe.
Should last for a while, didn't cost very much.
Helped to calm my concerns a little.

Now life would be about perfect if you guys would cease from buying up all the ammo

Bob's Red Mill over in Milwaukie is a good place for long term storage items. They have food grade buckets and bulk items. My opinion is NO ONE has an excuse for starving in a crisis when a little preparation each week can make the difference.

As far as feed hungry people dog food? I stick to the old "Do unto others saying"....I wonder how many here might be one or two paychecks away from needing help themselves. AKA...unemployment insurance = a more socially acceptable means of begging for sustenance.

Cannery LDS Locations anyone can use and their prices are very good.
Portland
Phone (971) 230-0770
Address
10420 SE 82nd Ave
PO Box 66160
Portland, Oregon 97086
Emergency Preparedness

there are more in oregon and a truck that go's around to the Different churches that you can use if they know you are going to be their once a year. I am not part of the LDS but I have no problem using them.

Cannery LDS Locations anyone can use and their prices are very good.
Portland
Phone (971) 230-0770
Address
10420 SE 82nd Ave
PO Box 66160
Portland, Oregon 97086
Emergency Preparedness

there are more in oregon and a truck that go's around to the Different churches that you can use if they know you are going to be their once a year. I am not part of the LDS but I have no problem using them.

Ditto! They pass along their bulk purchase food at cost! I have dealt with them many times and have never heard one word about recruitment and they have been unfailingly courteous!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top