JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a bad Idea, Don't let on that you are eating gourmet survival rations and pass out kibble to decieve them. Passing out good stuff could lead to a fight over limited supplies. If they think your down to eating dog food then they might move on.

A buddy of mine in the Army told me years ago that more pet food is sold in NYC for human consumption than animal. Some of the premium priced pet foods literally are off the same production line as human. I like OLDNEWBIE's thinking.

Last week I was up and out around 5am. I stopped to get some coffee and there was a fellow standing outside near the entrance. He wasn't asking for anything or doing any "typical" actions of a panhandler. I noticed that his skin (head, hands, etc.) seemed dirty - like he hadn't had a shower in months. I bought him a coffee and a breakfast sandwich.

I know we are facing difficult times ahead. I know that I will will have to turn people away, or perhaps even fight to protect my accumulated resources. I just hope that we retain some level of humanity.

Peter

I just bought 100# of kennel ration dog food to give to people who ask for food. Am I rude or just trying to help my brethren in need.

Might be careful about that, shtf your dog may bite your arse for giving away its food :s0114::s0112:

I do not know if I would do that, if things are that bad they may come back with their buddy's to steal what was left, good idea though

Two things... most animal food is based off human tastes, I don't know if you have ever tried it, but dogfood isn't bad taste wise, it's a bit rough on the teeth though. Wet food isn't bad and probably has a longer shelf life.

The thing to worry about with most dog food is it contains a fair amount of oil, so loose kibble will probably go rancid if it's going to be kept as storage food.

I'm sure most people won't pass up a can or two of dinky dee if they are really hungry. However in terms of storage food, I would recommend keeping something that stores longer, better, and isn't as rough. The thing I stored for this is corn meal and rolled oats. When packed in welding mix (CO2/Argon) they will last essentially forever. While they are kinda've a pain to cook they can be used as an ingredient or even a primary meal depending on how it's prepared.

I eat tons of oatmeal, I use it for "breading" food before I fry it. I can't stand oatmeal. Even though my wife is allergic to corn, I still eat a fair amount of it, usually make grits.

Every man must chose his own path and that path will take him to his 'own end'
But along that path he may take a woman and make a family; that is where he must leave His Path and make a new path that can support the weight of a growing family. The path becomes a road and the man becomes the master of the road or the road masters the man.
Building a road, keeping a family intact, is the greatest challange a man can face.
I'm not about argue over kibbels.

I got to worrying ... a year or so ago.
Went to Home Depot for some 5 gallon buckets and lids.
Went to Costco for some sacks of rice and beans, canned chili stew, spices.
Put em all in the buckets.
Went to Fred Meyers, bought about 10 lbs of dry ice, divided among the buckets.
Lids on but not sealed till the ice melted, then sealed the lids.
Buckets full of food and carbon dioxide and some dead bugs maybe.
Should last for a while, didn't cost very much.
Helped to calm my concerns a little.

Now life would be about perfect if you guys would cease from buying up all the ammo

I remember eating dog biscuits as a kid. they were really kinda good, but dog food.. no thanks. specially the wet kind, just cant get it past my nose.

I have some 22 jars of nutria sausage. Can give them when they come to the door. See I am a nice guy. lol (the wife liked it till i told her what it was now she will not eat it)

2 lbs nutria, boned
1 lbpork
10 1/2 ouncespotatoes, peeled
2 1/4 teaspoonssalt
2 teaspoons creole seasoning
1 teaspoonsage
Cold smoking at 52-69° F for 8 days
Then I jar them same as any other meat

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show