JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My XD45 has somewhere over 8,000 rounds and has never jammed, FTF, or FTE on anything except a few of my hand loads that I was testing for powder load. I had gotten the load a bit too low and so the slide wasn't pushed back far enough to properly cycle. But that was a problem with the ammo, not the pistol.

I've had a Glock gen 2 built in Austria and it ran well even dry but try and shoot it weak handed or give it to a noob and you can see it jam. The only other gun I ran dirty and dry was my 90's (1998?) Sig p229 .40 and it will swallow anything even limp wristing, running it dry will cause frame wear eventually but the battle would be over by then. I've never had any problem with my Sig's, HK's, CZ's or my 3rd gen S&W ( the s&w took about a hundred rnds) if you keep them clean and lubed. I've got two XD's one in 9 and one in 45 and they are still newish but no problems so far.....

OH yeah and early sig p6 guns are hit and miss on finding a hollow point it will feed. I imagine there are a few older guns that weren't designed around feeding hollow points.

Wow. This is way too easy.

Thompson Contender.

It operates easily and reliably every time (as I did within the parameters of your stated qualification for this question).;)

Yours Truly,

A poor soul that can read.

glock is king of reliability.. no doubt about it.

for the record, i've had two different revolvers fail on me- locked up so that i couldn't pull the trigger, cock the hammer, nor open the cylinder. same thing for both, both of them Taurus... which is why.

i wish more people would consider reliability when buying.. a lot of the guns listed right here in this thread are known to be unreliable, yet somebody is claiming that his example is... i'll never get it.

go with glock, M&P, or H&K- glock for 9mm, M&P for .40, and H&K for .45

My $600 XD/m (40sw) runs like a top shooting anything and my $1500 Kimber (45acp) stops several times every hundred rounds or so even with high end ammo. Wish I knew that in advance of spending a bunch of bucks!!

One word "GLOCK"

I once accidently dropped mine out of a helicopter into a wood chipper that spit it out into a cement mixer that was then poured into a stream of Lava from a volcano. I then fired well over 3 million rounds through it without one failure.

Sure Glocks are great for reliability, I am an owner myself but I do find some of the stories of their reliability to be a little over the top. (But not like my story, it really happened.) :s0155:

HK's for me personally. Glock's are awesome but I did get a G26 to bobble once or twice although that is rare and does not shake my confidence in them. P2000 in 40 and 9mm, USP and USPc never a bobble yet although I'm sure with time and volume this like all mechanical things will or would eventually founder. For me they work great. But so do many others.

Mine can't take that volcano treatment though so I guess it's Glock by a nose.

My Glock 26 has never jammed on me, personally. Stick with the Springfield XD series, S&W M&Ps, Glocks.

Here's a brand I haven't seen mentioned: Ruger. Ruger's semi-autos are generally pretty hard to jam. I just don't like their ergonomics, tho I've heard the new SR-9 is pretty comfy.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top