JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We're in a situation where my brother in law, who has been in foster care for many years is needing a hospital bed in his care home. We had bought him an electric adjustable bed a year, or so, ago. It was over a $1,000.00 W/mattress. Well now we need to get rid of that bed. BY TOMORROW! First of all, Goodwill doesn't have pick up here in potland. And Habitat for Humanity wants $124.00 to pick up the bed. I find some of these so called non-profits disgusting, and a huge scam.

If anyone here wants a single, adjustable bed W/mattress for nothing more than a donation to NWFA, hit me up. I don't think the care home can store it easily. I'm not sure it will fit in my truck, and I certainly don't have anywhere inside to put it.
Need help here.

Don't put it by the curb. You'll have a homeless person in it in a matter of hours. :s0001:
Considering my hood, you're right. Before the rona and the huge surge in homeless, anything that was somewhat usable, or metal, could be put out front and someone would see a use for it. Fer-instance, We replaced our front door. The intact frame, w/door, was leaned with care up against the telephone pole in front of the house. Two days later there was an older guy out there getting it to fit in his little hatch back sedan. Not any more. I had a load to go to the dump, some of those resin lawn chairs that had seen better days. Just ugly, but functional still. I wasn't going to put those out front. Probably would have seen them at the tramp-camp that festers a block away.

And BTW, we found that The PACS Thrift store will take that bed.
Just the frame. No one takes mattresses. If you like a thrift store that has a good selection of "Stuff" to look at, the PACS store is great for that.

Community Warehouse in Tualatin takes mattresses.

Thanks for those gentlemen! We bought that mattress, with a protector. Apparently it wasn't used at some point because the mattress is stained. :rolleyes:

And the latest on brother Gary is, he won't be going back to his "Home". He has to go to a nursing facility as he's no longer mobile. And as far as we know now he may last a month. Maybe not even two weeks. Once yesterdays biopsy report comes in they'll have a confirmation of what kind of cancer it is, and a better idea of how long he has. I hurt more for Jane that I do Gary. I just hope HE doesn't linger in pain/drugged for long.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews