1. JoeDirt82

JoeDirt82
    NW Oregon

Kurt at H&K fix my model 70 rifle, the firing pin spring was 3/8 inch too short. Good price and turnaround time. He seems to know what he is talking about I will gladly give him more business!

2. mkwerx

mkwerx
    Rock Creek
    Polymer Prom Queen Silver Supporter

The last time I was in there - 80% of the guns in stock were .22 rimfires, the only semi auto pistols were a few Smith's, a few 1911's (colt, I believe), and some .22 autoloaders (Hi Standard? Some Rugers, and a Smith & Wesson). Was a neat collection of guns - just not what I was looking for. Powder Horn had fewer guns, but more modern. Didn't leave money with either store.

3. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster
    Hillsboro, OR

Bought a rare Marlin 336a (24" sporting barrel) rifle there. Paid $50 below tag price. Kurt was knowledgeable enough, but not very motivated to sell to an obviously motivated buyer. I almost left out of spite, but I really wanted that gun. Anyway, he spent 40 mins on the phone for the background check and mumbled the whole time about what a hassle it was. Good inventory, decent prices, willing to barter, but overall a bad businessman when it comes to service. Not planning on going back, I'll drive the extra 15min and go to Al's Gun Shop, had a much better service experience there and a very similar type of inventory.

Honestly dont understand the mentality of some of these older "everything's a hassle" shop owners. They will complain about losing all their business to online gun companies, but then they deliver crappy face to face service...is their something about this they simply don't understand?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  4. novamind

novamind
    Hillsboro

The last time I was there was in 1984. I ordered a new barrel for a 10/22 ruger rifle. I called and checked on order every so often -over 3 months layter it arrived. I picked up the barrel and never went back.

5. jrprich

jrprich
    PNW

For FFL Transfers try Richard @ Little Bear Gun Store in Hillsboro. $25 gets you the transfer and background check. Richard can also get you just about any gun you want at very reasonable prices.

6. mkwerx

mkwerx
    Rock Creek
    Polymer Prom Queen Silver Supporter

I stopped back in here last week, to see if his selection had changed, and check his price structure. I've been in the market for a Glock 19, and figured that HK gun shop is one of the closest, physically, to where I live. He had a few more modern semi autos in his case, including a couple glocks, and a GLock 19. A 2nd generation, well used looking Glock 19. Priced for almost $600. He still has a cool selection of bolt guns, and some cool pistols in the case - but his prices are way high. Fun guy to talk to, informative, the guns are just priced too high.

7. 44Vaquero

44Vaquero
    Gaston
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I've decided I need another revolver so I stopped in today to see what he had. When I walked in Kurt politely asked want he could help me find. I told him I was starting to look for another revolver but wasn't sure exactly what yet. We talked a little about what I already have and told him that I was leaning towards a S&W in 41 or 44 mag. He just smiled and agreed that either one would be a great choice. He added that a Ruger in .30 carbine might be a nice addition as well. Unfortunately he didn't have anything for me today. As I was leaving he stopped me to offer up a new calendar which I accepted and he invited me to stop by periodically to see what he may have gotten in. Very pleasant visit... As usual.

8. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

You should copy and paste this into an actual review :s0155:

spookshack likes this.
  9. 44Vaquero

44Vaquero
    Gaston
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Thanks... I just went ahead and did that.

Joe Link likes this.