JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have benn doing buisness with Kurt at H&K for quite a long time. The shop is located in forest grove Oregon. Kurt does a fine job at a fair price.
If you are looking for a shop do do some work for you I recomend you stop and see H&K. There are many custom rifles on the wall built at the shop.
I tell people his resumea is hanging on the wall.
Now like all quality craftsmen it migh take a while. But you will likly be very happy when you do get it back.
tj3006

Last Edited:
I give him an F also. When I went in he couldn't be bothered to answer my questions about a gun he didn't carry. He wasn't interrested in seeing if he could order it. I went around the block to the Powder Horn and found the guys there much more friendly so they get my business now.

Brian

I came here when I bought my first gun. a sw .357 snub nose revolver, it was jammed packed with old guys with pistols coming out of pockets from any which directions, felt intimidated since im of minority skin and had a lot of questions. I browsed, found what I wanted, he gave me better recommendations and a ton of advise, offered to clean my gun whenever I needed. Really just an old timer, cut to the chase type of guy, unless you talk about hunting, he'll go on for days. Thumbs up on my side.

While H&K has quite a few firearms for sale, you will notice very few new guns.
The buisness is primarily a gunsmith shop.
I don't Think they realy want to deal with special order rifles and hand guns.
You must remember that trying to fix and or customize a customers weapon in a timly fasion, is important to keeping his customers.
Time spent on the phone and at the sales counter is often costly.
I bought a rifle from the powder horn , awhile back. they are good folks too.
...tj3006

Just wanted to chime in here. H&K seems like a nice place (guy behind the counter seemed friendly enough), but $65 for a FFL transfer seems a bit on the steep side.

Though only time will tell how I feel about this shop going forward.

So follow-up to my original comment. After spending some time and socializing with Kurtis (if I remember correctly), all seemed fine. The FFL fees is a bit higher than normal, but the $65 also included the $10 background check fee. He is a gunsmith and customization shop so he doesn't do much in the way of new gun sales by the looks of things.

Suppose if I need a rifle worked on I could bring it to him. Seems most of his traffic while getting the AR lower processed was people coming in with hunting rifles that needed to be looked at.

I find this absolutely irrelevant. Were you getting bad looks? Elaborate, otherwise this is completely unjustified.

Yes some of the men and the guy behind the counter. in the shop were mean mugging me. I'm 6'2" Cambodian and 240lbs. Not your average size asian. I felt if I asked those questions in front of these old timers, that they would just give me a hard time and tell me to beat it. But it didn't come to that and I gained a lot of knowledge, bought a snub nose .357 before I left. He was really nice and we talked about wildlife hunting in asia and africa. But now I can work my way around a pistol and take an ak-47 apart and slap it back together. So he kinda encouraged me to own more guns.

Yes some of the men and the guy behind the counter. in the shop were mean mugging me. I'm 6'2" Cambodian and 240lbs. Not your average size asian. I felt if I asked those questions in front of these old timers, that they would just give me a hard time and tell me to beat it. But it didn't come to that and I gained a lot of knowledge, bought a snub nose .357 before I left. He was really nice and we talked about wildlife hunting in asia and africa. But now I can work my way around a pistol and take an ak-47 apart and slap it back together. So he kinda encouraged me to own more guns.

That's really unfortunate, especially being a firearm enthusiast. At least you didn't feel it bad enough that you wouldn't buy from them.

Wow.

Try Oregon Research Labs, LLC (PCArms) in Vernonia.

NFA Xfers = $50
Title 1 xfers = $20
(503) 429-GUNS (429-4867)
(503) 429-7037 (FAX)
[email protected]

Tell him you got his contact info from Fort Moe Arms. The next closest I can find is in PDX.

I'm not sure how dated that posting was, so I'm not sure if he's still in business but it couldn't hurt.

-Brian

I was refered to Crockett & Bowie. No storefront - an ex-Navy guy with an FFL who sells firearms from his home. He is awesome. Really good guy. He has a few items in inventory but mostly does custom orders. Helps you either find what you want - or makes a good recommendation based on what you want to do. He helped me a lot to pick out an ideal concealed carry gun and I am really thankful I didn't get the firearm a couple "buddies" recommended. He's honest - and will give you a good deal. Like I said, no big inventory and no store front. He's out in Forest Grove - and worth the drive. Sells by appointment only. I've referred 3 friends to him who have purchased shotguns, hunting rifles and pistols, and all of them are now big fans and are also recommending him. it's Crockett and Bowie | Purveyors of Quality Firearms & Knives.

Another good person to buy from is Little Bear Gun Shop in Hillsboro.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.