JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The last time I was in there - 80% of the guns in stock were .22 rimfires, the only semi auto pistols were a few Smith's, a few 1911's (colt, I believe), and some .22 autoloaders (Hi Standard? Some Rugers, and a Smith & Wesson). Was a neat collection of guns - just not what I was looking for. Powder Horn had fewer guns, but more modern. Didn't leave money with either store.

The last time I was there was in 1984. I ordered a new barrel for a 10/22 ruger rifle. I called and checked on order every so often -over 3 months layter it arrived. I picked up the barrel and never went back.

For FFL Transfers try Richard @ Little Bear Gun Store in Hillsboro. $25 gets you the transfer and background check. Richard can also get you just about any gun you want at very reasonable prices.

I stopped back in here last week, to see if his selection had changed, and check his price structure. I've been in the market for a Glock 19, and figured that HK gun shop is one of the closest, physically, to where I live. He had a few more modern semi autos in his case, including a couple glocks, and a GLock 19. A 2nd generation, well used looking Glock 19. Priced for almost $600. He still has a cool selection of bolt guns, and some cool pistols in the case - but his prices are way high. Fun guy to talk to, informative, the guns are just priced too high.

I've decided I need another revolver so I stopped in today to see what he had. When I walked in Kurt politely asked want he could help me find. I told him I was starting to look for another revolver but wasn't sure exactly what yet. We talked a little about what I already have and told him that I was leaning towards a S&W in 41 or 44 mag. He just smiled and agreed that either one would be a great choice. He added that a Ruger in .30 carbine might be a nice addition as well. Unfortunately he didn't have anything for me today. As I was leaving he stopped me to offer up a new calendar which I accepted and he invited me to stop by periodically to see what he may have gotten in. Very pleasant visit... As usual.

I've decided I need another revolver so I stopped in today to see what he had. When I walked in Kurt politely asked want he could help me find. I told him I was starting to look for another revolver but wasn't sure exactly what yet. We talked a little about what I already have and told him that I was leaning towards a S&W in 41 or 44 mag. He just smiled and agreed that either one would be a great choice. He added that a Ruger in .30 carbine might be a nice addition as well. Unfortunately he didn't have anything for me today. As I was leaving he stopped me to offer up a new calendar which I accepted and he invited me to stop by periodically to see what he may have gotten in. Very pleasant visit... As usual.

You should copy and paste this <broken link removed> :s0155:

H&K is essentially a Gunsmith and an FFL with some unique rifles for sale. Doesn't have a big store front but he does have knowledge, assistance and generosity. He's the kind of neighbor that if you ask to borrow a tool, he'll talk a bit and then come over and help you finish your project and donate what you were missing. He just happens to be that Gunsmith that never throws anything away and likely has that little odd screw you broke and will hand fit it for you. Great guy, just wish I had more business for him.

H@k inforrest Grove is a nice man enjoy working on guns probably doesn't like paperwork can't it's a hassle he seem busy doing why he like or he wouldn't be there great guy if you need gun worked on it parts ,mags ECT let's be nice we need people like him after all he is pro gun lol.

Kurt is a great guy, love his old time gun shop. Most of his guns are consignments and priced accordingly. I drop by weekly to see how he is doing. Health issues with both him and his wife will eventually close a cool piece of Americana. All that will be left is big box stores and the king of the gun show.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.