JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend has a XDM 9mm for sale for $450. It's the one that came with 4 mags and the other stuff. There is also a XD 45 here for $325 IIRC. I looked at Gunbroker and there are 8 pages of XDM's and only on bid and it's up to the low $300's. It wasn't long ago that these were very popular. The market has tanked and seems to still be going down.

Yeah, the XD series seems to have taken a particularly strong hit. I've seen scary low prices on used ones.

Honestly, firearms in general. The availability and low prices are going to affect a few manufacturers. Look at Smith's recent rebate program. Manufactures hedged their bets on HC winning. Now they are stuck with piles of overstock that isn't selling. It's a buyers market fellas. Enjoy it if you can!

Seems to me that I remember a S&W Shield rebate that made a new gun a lower price than I paid when I bought mine used. It's good that I like it so much. Selling it would be a losing proposition.

Seems to me that I remember a S&W Shield rebate that made a new gun a lower price than I paid when I bought mine used. It's good that I like it so much. Selling it would be a losing proposition.

For now, yes. This will shake itself out. As others have mentioned this last election caught a lot of people flat. One of the few things Odumbo was good for was the gun and ammo industry. Now there is a glut. Manufacturing will slow and the glut will get taken up. If there is something you want right now it's a good time to buy.

A friend has a XDM 9mm for sale for $450. It's the one that came with 4 mags and the other stuff. There is also a XD 45 here for $325 IIRC. I looked at Gunbroker and there are 8 pages of XDM's and only on bid and it's up to the low $300's. It wasn't long ago that these were very popular. The market has tanked and seems to still be going down.
As many have mentioned look at AR prices. I have not in my life seen prices like this on AR's. Good time to buy one if you want one. Of course many will not until there is another D in office and a panic sets off. Then there will again be weeping and such by those who want one. :)

Guns are victims of trends ... In the 1970's -80's , a Hawken rifle copy or Long rifle copy were popular , due to various books and movies.
After Band of Brothers the M1 rifle flew to popular heights again...
Single shot .22's for starting kids out shooting also come to mind.

Heck even back in the day ... In the 1840's it was popular to call a style of rifles "The Celebrated Kentucky Rifle" in sales ads.... Making a fantastic claim to sell something isn't new , or to keep it popular.

While all of the above rifles all still sought after ... they are no where near as popular as they once were.
( At least where I live )
Andy

Last Edited:
I don't think this has ever been a good site for selling a rifle like this.
It's more the 'demographic' of this site. I have seen many guns advertised that are the 'type' that should sell on this site and sit for long periods unsold - and for good prices. I have also seen many 'wood and blue' guns go fairly quickly - I have personally bought two off this site. The percentage of actual gun buyers (and owners) on this site is far fewer than some other sites I frequent.

Guns are victims of trends ... I the 1970's -80's , a Hawken rifle copy or Long rifle copy were popular , due to various books and movies.
After Band of Brothers the M1 rifle flew to popular heights again...
Single shot .22's for starting kids out shooting also come to mind.

Heck even back in the day ... In the 1840's it was popular to call a style of rifles "The Celebrated Kentucky Rifle" in sales ads.... Making a fantastic claim to sell something isn't new , or to keep it popular.

While all of the above rifles all still sought after ... they are no where near as popular as they once were.
( At least where I live )
Andy
Andy. I have to tell you I picture you as the guy in the brawny paper towel ad but about 20' tall, 200 years old, and wearing half of Pendleton's yearly flannel output. When you say back in the day I see you there...

I have a major black powder frontier man crush on you.

That's probably awkward but I had to just had to tell you ...

This is a PM right?...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR