JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Regarding the XD/XDM's, seems they were getting a lot of press/talk just a few years ago, now, I seem to hear very little about them, but I'm not sure why. As for gun prices and sales, as others have noted, the market is very full of cheap guns right now - I'm pretty sure any extra $$ is going toward those new, cheap guns while the getting is good. Add to that SB941 and I-594 and private sales are really taking a hit - exactly as the puppet masters in Salem and Olympia wanted.

Just look at the limited number of pistols & revolvers moving online; I picked up a like new S&W .41 Magnum Model 57-6 6" Classic for $500, an as new S&W 442 Airweight .38+P for $300 out the door, a like new Springfield M1A walnut standard for $900 & Super Match with a USMC Camo McMillan glass stock for $1800. Remington is even offering rebates on thier 1911 R1s & even thier new 870 TC-14. Amazing prices for rifles & handguns I've always wanted.
Even better, the prices to feed them has dropped big time, even .22LR. I feel sorry for the guys that paid extreme markup prices when the Dems won the White House twice. It's a big time buyer's market; I filled my 2nd safe and the wife has put brakes on my wallet.

Last Edited:
Andy. I have to tell you I picture you as the guy in the brawny paper towel ad but about 20' tall, 200 years old, and wearing half of Pendleton's yearly flannel output. When you say back in the day I see you there...

I have a major black powder frontier man crush on you.

That's probably awkward but I had to just had to tell you ...

This is a PM right?...

A bromance!!!!!:p

A bromance!!!!!:p
LookwhoIfound.jpg
Can ya blame him?
Look at that guy in the dark red cap...
Handsome , knowledgeable , excellent taste in firearms , a fine shot , modest... I could go on ...
Did I mention modest...:eek::D
Andy

I have several Springfield's and these are great pieces and I would not sell them for anything. Markets come and go and I still am buying. But low now because you can not predict when bad antigun dems will get back into power or change the legislation.

I know this is a general thread but maybe SA is feeling some real sales dips due to the fall out of that BS law they helped pass in Illinois.

Edit: people don't want their guns even on secondary market

Last Edited:
Regarding the XD/XDM's, seems they were getting a lot of press/talk just a few years ago, now, I seem to hear very little about them, but I'm not sure why. As for gun prices and sales, as others have noted, the market is very full of cheap guns right now - I'm pretty sure any extra $$ is going toward those new, cheap guns while the getting is good. Add to that SB941 and I-594 and private sales are really taking a hit - exactly as the puppet masters in Salem and Olympia wanted.

Regardless of SB 941 there are more guns in Oregon now than before; more minorities are buying, and gun ownership is way up! And, now is a great time to buy guns and add, add and add. I purchased several this year on top of the Dem controlled government years earlier. And, I am just happy that I did that. None of the guns that I had purchased have been on sale but their retail prices went up.

Coming from an old phart I really a appreciate the beauty and lines of a finely crafted firearm and the warmth of the finished wood. Today's poly guns just don't stir the same feelings.

+1. Oh, I've got a few plastic-fantastics in the gun cabinet. But I still like the blued (or similar) and wood stocks.

8 years of panic buying.

On a macro level I have no doubt about that. It is a buyer's market right now and some very good deals can be had.

I have a buddy that bought every Colt, M1A, SCAR, & classic SIG he could find along w/ boxes of high capacity magazines. He now has a collection of very overpriced NIB rifles & mags to pack around every time he moves. Panic buying never pays off.

Panic buying never pays off.
Yep as far as i can remember panic buying (even since about 1994) has resulted in little to no advantage for anyone who has done it since throughout this time nothing monumental has happened such as bans on anything. Panic buying never pays off and only leaves some with many guns overpaid for only to drop in value. The same goes for ammo. If one wanted to 'roll the dice' he should buy up all the plastic, ARs etc he can now then 'panic SELL' during the next 'panic' - if there ever is one again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top