JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think we may see some of the new regulations coming up change the list a little bit. Colorado, for example, could see some impact. And yes the numbers for gun ownership which have recently been in the news bother me too. How does anyone determine what they are when there isn't registration (which we don't want). If your survey was from a population in Seattle I would think gun ownership would be much lower then if done in east Kind Country. Of course I always say I don't have any guns no matter who calls and I think a lot of us do.

According to this report, In Washington state, only 33.1 percent of the residents are gun owners. That number seems to be a little low in my opinion.

I heard a syudy last week, KVI I think, and that 33% was Seattle and over all it was about 50 something. I also thing that is very low, I think alot of people just won't say!

I'm in state ranking #44. :( No real surprise there, given that my home state was called out in the article as example of "bad". But at least we have a good group fighting to get it fixed. Hopefully (due to 7th Circuit Court) this year will be the year...

How the hell did Oregon beat Idaho??

Idaho got a low score on the castle law.

Castle Doctrine

Oregon has a self-defense law based on the castle doctrine. The law includes a "stand your ground" clause, meaning crime victims do not have a duty to retreat before using physical or deadly force under the guidelines of the law. Deadly force is permissible when a victim reasonably believes that another person is about to use deadly force against him.

Idaho adopted a castle law in 2006. It provides civil immunity to residents who use physical or deadly force against home invaders. Idaho's castle law is not a "stand your ground" law.

I was surprised Oregon scored better than Idaho also. We have some left wing nut jobs in Salem gnawing at the bit to push their good time rock-n-roll I have good intentions, vote for me, laws that will do nothing to curb violent crime. The low information voter loves this stuff. So I would imagine we will slip a few notches soon.

I think we may see some of the new regulations coming up change the list a little bit. Colorado, for example, could see some impact. And yes the numbers for gun ownership which have recently been in the news bother me too. How does anyone determine what they are when there isn't registration (which we don't want). If your survey was from a population in Seattle I would think gun ownership would be much lower then if done in east Kind Country. Of course I always say I don't have any guns no matter who calls and I think a lot of us do.

So you answer just like the Dems?
"Oh gawd no!!!"
:s0155:

You wouldn't think Vermont would come in second, but they are an odd duck. They are not liberal or conservative, just leave me alone to do what I want to do. Like the original idea that founded this country.

I heard a syudy last week, KVI I think, and that 33% was Seattle and over all it was about 50 something. I also thing that is very low, I think alot of people just won't say!

People in Washington state are smart. We read lots of books!

And we know not to answer silly polls that ask questions like, "HOW MANY GUNS TO DO YOU HAVE? WHERE DO YOU KEEP THEM? AND OH YEAH... ARE ANY OF THEM 'ASSAULT WEAPONS' THAT YOU GOT, ARE THEY SCARY?"

The way they rated makes no sense at all.

As a gun owner, you're hard-pressed to beat Washington except on the immunity from civil suits stuff or NFA. And our reimbursement for legal costs when found not guilty by reason of self-defense IMO is probably the largest deterrent in existence in the country for preventing overzealous prosecutions.

When a prosecutor is looking at having to tell voters and County Commissioners that they have to write a check for $250k to your lawyer because they prosecuted a bogus case, it makes them VERY reluctant to go after you on anything but a clear case of over-stepping the bounds.

How did Washington state get only a 6 in the CCW/Open Cary category?
Open carry is legal and it is a shall issue state for CCW.
Did they knock off 4 points for the restrictions on firearms in a vehicle?

I too thought the WA rating was way off base. We've had shall issue CPL since 1961, and we have well over twice as many licensed carriers per capita than Texas, both of those should count towards the "pro-gun culture" of the misc section. We also don't require any class (Texas does) and we allow open carry (Texas doesn't), therefore we should have an 8 in the carry category. It also claims the only NFA item we allow is suppressors, we also allow AOWs, so another point for the NFA section. IMO we were short changed 4-5 points.

I too thought the WA rating was way off base. We've had shall issue CPL since 1961, and we have well over twice as many licensed carriers per capita than Texas, both of those should count towards the "pro-gun culture" of the misc section. We also don't require any class (Texas does) and we allow open carry (Texas doesn't), therefore we should have an 8 in the carry category. It also claims the only NFA item we allow is suppressors, we also allow AOWs, so another point for the NFA section. IMO we were short changed 4-5 points.

Cant have a loaded firearm in your vehicle unless you have a concealed permit, no sbr/sbs, no mg's........

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top