Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gunfire in the food court at Clackamas town center...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by swoop, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

anyone remember this movie?

Heat-Movie-e1340113964974.jpg

r.i.p innocent people

2. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I'm 1000% positive that points one and three will be confirmed. I agree with point two as well. And I really, really hope that the shooter was "neutralized" by an armed private citizen.

3. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

HEAT - same movie that inspired the LA bank robbery/shootout.

4. Skang

so even with no firearms allowed sign, if a person who concealed carried took down the bad guy, will that person get in trouble for carrying a firearm into the building?

5. Dinged

Dinged Portland, OR Active Member

I would hope not, I would hope that at least it would change the company policy of whoever owns the mall, to allow firearms.

6. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

yea telling the news as it is is a joke. now fox is responsible for what the witness say's:funnypoint:

Hrethgir and (deleted member) like this.
  7. oknow

not unless they ask him to leave and he refuses

8. Skang

that could happened inside bank too. so that was very tricky question.

9. Evatation

Evatation beaverton or Member

Wow crazy stuff I hope all this end of the world crap ends people need to cheer up its the holidays and now some dick made it so two people will miss out. I am happy to hear a lot of people helped eachother. It makes you think what will you do if some thing like that happend around you. You know mall movies gas station any where

10. cueball1214

cueball1214 Beaverton Active Member

That would be Heat. But I don't think he was robbing the food court.

11. cueball1214

As far as i know. If someone is carrying a gun legaly the only thing a "non-firearm" establishment can do is ask them to leave.

BoonDocks36 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Who cares if the average person doesn't know squat about guns. Innocent people are dead, please knock off the crap about wrong firearms terminology. This is in our backyard and it's not a joke. Fear and relief come out differently for different people but please knock off the smart a$$ remarks about clips, style of gun, and signs on the doors.

This isn't something that happens here and frankly, cause me to rethink how I'll act anywhere I go in the future. This isn't Afganistan, Mexico, or Somolia, it's the Northwest US. WE shouldn't have to live in this kind of fear for our loved ones and neighbors.

MikeE, keystir, sheepdip and 3 others like this.
  13. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Sweet JESUS, MARY, AND JOSEPH!!!! I was THERE at Clackamas Town Center today, and left just prior to the shooting!!! Holy PHLUCK!

Yes I was carrying at the time too. I don't care if I was armed, I am still very glad I was not there at the time.

I carry, but I don't want to shoot anyone, ever.

14. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Employees rushing to the doors locking them, not letting people in or out?

I don't know about you, but I would be leaving one way or the other.This is what I have been hearing...Is this protocol? Seems like this wouldn't work very well for the employees.

15. oknow

you highlighted the wrong post I was talking about the jackwagon that I highlighted ( krivey)

16. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

While I consider that "overkill" (somewhat literally - rifles are *NOT* for self-defense in crowded areas, too much collateral damage,) you can do that. Clackamas County has no bar on open carry, and apparently Clackamas Town Center has no posted prohibition on open carry. Anyone feel like making the news by visiting on the first day it's open, wearing "SECURITY" shirts armed with rifles? (Sorry, I'll have to work that day... This is not an issue I'm willing to get arrested over, even if the charges were to get overturned.)

17. cueball1214

It is hard for me not to just sit back and 1.) pray for the families/people that were there, saw, and were affected by this. My sister and law and her 1 year old daughter were there a few hours before this. 2.) Thank god that no one i know or my family were there when this happened.
    It just goes to show how precious life is.
    It dose show that carrying a gun, even to a mall can help save your life and the lives of people around you. I understand miss use of gun terminology by witnesses. i expect to hear that. not everyone knows what types of guns are... I will just have to see what facts are revealed and hope that Oregon dose not become an Anti-gun state.

18. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Sorry

19. redmond

redmond Redmond, WA Member

Just reported that shooter died of self-inflicted gunshot. No LE shots fired.

20. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The Mall could trespass them and ban them from the property.