JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is the protocol for this situation?

I am hearing Employees rushed to lock the doors so nobody could leave?
I imagine it'd be like a lockdown at a school, lock the doors so the bad guys can't enter, stay quiet so he thinks no one's in there. May not be as good as getting as far from the scene as possible, but sometimes that's all you have.

That would be Heat. But I don't think he was robbing the food court.

Part 1: Was this the one with Val Kilmer? Doing bank jobs? In LA?

Part 2: Do I remember the FBI shoot out in Maimi about 20 some years ago when the FBI was shooting 38's at .223's. In response, SW developed the .40 cal after the 10 mm failed due to over powering their agents in ability to handle the recoil?

Some one commented above that folks should start carrying rifles for self protection. I doubt the LEA will go for that, but maybe a new market is to be born for revolver or pistol rounds that could do more damage to body armored bad guys. I don't think anything is out there. Anybody know?

For those that don't know the area there's a Sheriff Office just one block away and they probably got there real quick but they were too late to help.

I know I'm preaching to the choir but you can't depend on someone else saving you or your family.

God bless you all.

Good luck and have a safe holiday.

I don't understand the mentality behind people doing this type of suicide? At least the State won't be burdened with housing this nut case or prosecuting them in court!

My deepest regrets, condolences and prayers for the families involved here, what an incomprehensible tragedy.

I imagine it'd be like a lockdown at a school, lock the doors so the bad guys can't enter, stay quiet so he thinks no one's in there. May not be as good as getting as far from the scene as possible, but sometimes that's all you have.

I am hearing there were 80+ people at the Sears exit trying to get out, but the doors were locked.

Prayers please for the victims and their families. Nothing about these murders should be taken lightly. Shoot often and learn to shoot accurately.

It is hard for me not to just sit back and 1.) pray for the families/people that were there, saw, and were affected by this. My sister and law and her 1 year old daughter were there a few hours before this. 2.) Thank god that no one i know or my family were there when this happened.
It just goes to show how precious life is.
It dose show that carrying a gun, even to a mall can help save your life and the lives of people around you. I understand miss use of gun terminology by witnesses. i expect to hear that. not everyone knows what types of guns are... I will just have to see what facts are revealed and hope that Oregon dose not become an Anti-gun state.

It would be interesting to hear if someone was in the immediate area who had a CHL ...but wasn't carrying because of the CTC no guns signs.

In the news today, a court has struck down the Illinois concealed ban...the last holdout state. Watch Gov. Dim Bulb try to take us the other way now.

Fear and relief come out differently for different people but please knock off the smart a$$ remarks about clips, style of gun, and signs on the doors.

This isn't something that happens here and frankly, cause me to rethink how I'll act anywhere I go in the future. This isn't Afganistan, Mexico, or Somolia, it's the Northwest US. WE shouldn't have to live in this kind of fear for our loved ones and neighbors.

It wasn't a smart a$$ comment, its to point out that the stupid "no firearms/weapons" signs don't do squat.

As for this not happening here... Sadly, you will have to "get used to it" because this country has been spiraling downwards for a long time, and the wheels on the wagon are wobbling more and more and when they finally fall off... This is a horrible event, and I'm not very optimistic about where our country is inexorably heading

Shoot them in the face. Man or beast it takes the starch right out of them with or without armor.

Bingo...

had to have been mentally off balance....report I heard was that the shooter was yelling " I'm the shooter as he ran into the mall ". Prayers go out for all.

Way before I had a CHL I knew that my only chance of surviving this type of situation was an armed civilian. Over time I decided it was foolish and shortsighted to depend on someone else to protect my life.

Someone there carrying could have stopped this guy in his tracks. I will say that is many cases - under extreme panic it may be very difficult to determine who the perp is vs maybe another CHL holder trying to help.

In this case the scumbag was wearing a Jason mask so that would not have been too difficult.

A mall or theater having a no-firearms policy is just insane. Does anyone think "Jason" here stopped and looked at the black square no firearms sign at the door and thought anything of it.

Very sad situation and it will be twisted into being anti-gun, just watch. No TV reporter will ever utter the words 'too bad a law abiding citizen with a gun didn't stop this guy immediately' - or maybe one did and they are keeping that a secret!? (for now, while media attn is high).

Just reported that shooter died of self-inflicted gunshot. No LE shots fired.

They're saying he must have shot himself because no police weapons were fired. They also don't know why he stopped shooting without taking out a couple dozen people. Question: If you had walked up behind him with your CCW and dispatched him, would you be tempted to just melt into the woodwork with the rest of the bystanders?

Watched Heat 3 times in the theater when it first came out.

anyone remember this movie?

Heat-Movie-e1340113964974.jpg

r.i.p innocent people

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads