JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So Canada is threatening to seize the bank accounts of anyone who donated to the trucker protests. Does anyone know if this only applies to Canadian accounts, or can they go after the accounts of US donors as well?

American's donating.....I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you don't intend to cross up north anytime in the future. Computers are "good" nowadays. LOL.

Then, also consider if you think that Brandon would extradite you to face the "JUSTICE" of the Canadians? LOL.

Imagine that?

BUT, But, but......
Remember, that the Canadians refused to extradite........

So then?
Who do you know?
and
How did you vote in the last election?

Aloha, Mark

Canada can freeze a US account but not seize it?

I'm not sure I understand the difference between the two terms...
Seizing an account indicates assets permanently taken and able to be utilitized by the new party. Freezing is temporary.

Similar to how I seize fries on my way home from Wendy's; my S.O. won't be getting those back any time soon, at least not in the same form.

Well, to answer my own question, according to my bank Canada cannot come after US accounts. They would have to go through the feds and then have the IRS do the deed, and the bank is confident they'd get enough of a heads up to keep everything safe.

o7

:s0054: I find it concerning that somehow the previous use of the "War Powers Act" in Canada (re-named the "Emergency Act"), has a VERY BAD record of use INCLUDING BY JUSTIN"S DAD PIERRE, that is being COMPLETELY ignored.

The War Measures Act (French: Loi sur les mesures de guerre; 5 George V, Chap. 2)[1] was a statute of the Parliament of Canada that provided for the declaration of war, invasion, or insurrection, and the types of emergency measures that could thereby be taken. The Act was brought into force three times in Canadian history: during the First World War, Second World War and the 1970 October Crisis.

The Act was questioned for its suspension of civil liberties and personal freedoms, including only for Ukrainians and other Europeans during Canada's first national internment operations of 1914–1920, the Second World War's Japanese Canadian internment, and in the October Crisis.[2] In 1988, it was repealed and replaced by the Emergencies Act.

Canada has a Parliamentary system. If this kid manages to wake up enough people he could end up out of a job quick. Its easy to see he is in full blow panic. He grew up VERY privileged and its showing. It would be funny to see him booted over this.

This has already resulted in runs on some Canadian banks with several limiting daily withdraws limited to CND $500 including teller transactions. If I were Canadian I would be wondering which group was next on the list and be looking to move my banking out of Canada as well as the US.

This has already resulted in runs on some Canadian banks with several limiting daily withdraws limited to CND $500 including teller transactions. If I were Canadian I would be wondering which group was next on the list and be looking to move my banking out of Canada as well as the US.
LOVE IT!! Once again some left kook gets to see unintended consequences. I thought this might happen and am laughing to see it happen. One more nail for this kid who got in way over his head and now is in panic. Big banks will want him gone too. They do not care what side he is on if they lose money.

I think to myself while watching the news about Canada's crackdown... "Man, we'd so not put up with that here!"
Not just in a " 'MERICA!" sort of chant, just like, we don't tolerate our rights (real or otherwise) straight-up being stomped on.

A moment later I doubt that's true anymore. But I'm also not sure anything covid-related so far would make me think we've been violated.

Lucky I guess, was already a hermit before this all started. ;)

I think to myself while watching the news about Canada's crackdown... "Man, we'd so not put up with that here!"
Not just in a " 'MERICA!" sort of chant, just like, we don't tolerate our rights (real or otherwise) straight-up being stomped on.

A moment later I doubt that's true anymore. But I'm also not sure anything covid-related so far would make me think we've been violated.

Lucky I guess, was already a hermit before this all started. ;)
I have enough "friends" who are left of center, even by Oregon standards, to tell you that we are every bit as vulnerable here. They have a collectivist based mindset and have no issue at all forcing you to whatever the collective decides is "right". They applaud things like freezing or better yet seizing your money and other assets. They are down with horse trampling anyone on the "other side", but forcing you (naturally not them) at gunpoint is preferable. If you think much of DC isn't a bit jealous of Little Hitler North you are kidding yourself. There will at least be an attempt. Had Biden packet the court it would already be here.

If you think much of DC isn't a bit jealous of Little Hitler North you are kidding yourself. There will at least be an attempt. Had Biden packet the court it would already be here.
I can't help but feel I've heard similar in previous administrations. Local to national, the sky has been falling since, oh, since the first newspapers I figure.

Perhaps I watch too much TV, it's rotting my brain.

Couple things to note:

-What Canada is doing is straight from the playbook of the CCP. This is EXACTLY a tactic widely used in China and HK.

-I went and did a little snooping myself, to see if the Canadian media's claims that "Trudeau would win by a landslide if elections occurred now". It seems that the media in Canada uses a for-hire polling entity called "Maru Voice Canada" https://www.maruvoice.ca/
Which allows MSM in Canada to post things like: https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/02/17/trudeau-emergencies-act-poll/ (see at the bottom of the article as they cite 1500 participants from Maru)
So, is that scary either way? Do Canadians REALLY dislike the truckers? Or, is the media doing what the media does best, run shell organizations (Maru) to legitimize their spin?

-Personal complaint: Why the hell do people INSIST on doing everything online? Why not just organize to give these guys CASH? Mail a check FFS. If we all insist on the convenience of EFT, eventually there will be justification to actually move to a cashless based society, and at that point the government can "turn off" access to our funds on any whim. This is EXACTLY how it is done in China. And we are seeing test-runs in USA and Canada with obtuse guidelines shutting down our ability to transfer to causes we care about, or our friend's up north having their bank accounts "frozen" for "political activism". WE ARE SO CLOSE TO NOT GOING BACK. Once we are all cashless, the justifications for suspending our monetary freedoms will just expand until the government can do anything they want. Or, another threat would be online terrorists like doxxers being able to hack our digital profiles shutting us down.

We are slowly becoming like China. Oh, but hey, "look over there! What is Russia up to!?!? And orange man bad!!"

I can't help but feel I've heard similar in previous administrations. Local to national, the sky has been falling since, oh, since the first newspapers I figure.

Perhaps I watch too much TV, it's rotting my brain.
This isn't a team red vs team blue thing. There are plenty of all stripes that use party affiliation to get elected. Most of them are full of their own arrogance and self importance that it's easy to shift into "I can make better decisions for you than you can mode". If we don't keep public servants fearful of the citizens they will take the steps needed to turn the citizens into subjects.

Couple things to note:

-What Canada is doing is straight from the playbook of the CCP. This is EXACTLY a tactic widely used in China and HK.

-I went and did a little snooping myself, to see if the Canadian media's claims that "Trudeau would win by a landslide if elections occurred now". It seems that the media in Canada uses a for-hire polling entity called "Maru Voice Canada" https://www.maruvoice.ca/
Which allows MSM in Canada to post things like: https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/02/17/trudeau-emergencies-act-poll/ (see at the bottom of the article as they cite 1500 participants from Maru)
So, is that scary either way? Do Canadians REALLY dislike the truckers? Or, is the media doing what the media does best, run shell organizations (Maru) to legitimize their spin?

-Personal complaint: Why the hell do people INSIST on doing everything online? Why not just organize to give these guys CASH? Mail a check FFS. If we all insist on the convenience of EFT, eventually there will be justification to actually move to a cashless based society, and at that point the government can "turn off" access to our funds on any whim. This is EXACTLY how it is done in China. And we are seeing test-runs in USA and Canada with obtuse guidelines shutting down our ability to transfer to causes we care about, or our friend's up north having their bank accounts "frozen" for "political activism". WE ARE SO CLOSE TO NOT GOING BACK. Once we are all cashless, the justifications for suspending our monetary freedoms will just expand until the government can do anything they want. Or, another threat would be online terrorists like doxxers being able to hack our digital profiles shutting us down.

We are slowly becoming like China. Oh, but hey, "look over there! What is Russia up to!?!? And orange man bad!!"
At least one member of the EU parliament agrees

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads