JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Who was in the wrong?

• Delta Airlines

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Mark Benedetto

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope he wins because of the smell of it Delta going past their own interests in ratting to the NY authorities. Just worry about getting passengers from here to there, bring me my drink and shut up.

Actually, NYC and NYS with their unconstitutional laws are what is actually wrong and need to be changed. That said, I think the guy is at fault(knowing NYC law a bit, yes, the airline clerk was in legal jeperdy if not reporting), but if Delta knew that, they should have made some provision...

which comes to the logical conclusion..do not fly into, or out of, any NY airport...I don't, even if the ultimate destination is NY/

Zero chance of success. If you can't sue New Jersey under FOPA, an airline sure as hell isn't going to be liable for his dumb mistake.

I do wonder about these people who travel with their firearms without reading the law of the place they are going to. First time in the big city maybe?

The airline isn't responsible for telling you what the laws are for carrying. That's 100% on you. BUT...

"After a Delta agent called the police, he was arrested and spent a night in jail."

I think THAT was pretty bubblegumty.

Actually, NYC and NYS with their unconstitutional laws are what is actually wrong and need to be changed. That said, I think the guy is at fault(knowing NYC law a bit, yes, the airline clerk was in legal jeperdy if not reporting), but if Delta knew that, they should have made some provision...

which comes to the logical conclusion..do not fly into, or out of, any NY airport...I don't, even if the ultimate destination is NY/

I agree. The right to travel across the country without fear of prosecution while in transit from one destination to another is a pretty obvious right. NYC laws should not apply to travelers inside airports or other major transit terminals.

Seems to me that if they require you to declare you have a firearm checked in your luggage per their specification, and they know by your destination that you retrieving said luggage will be a crime they are obligated to report, the absolute minimum they need to do is tell you these facts before you check the gun and get on the goddamn plane! I agree the guy is also responsible for knowing the laws of where he is headed, but if the airline is required to rat him out, they should tell him at the beginning

I didn't vote in the poll- there needs to be a third option "there's plenty of blame to go around- both are in the wrong"

It is my beleif that if you are transporting firearms that you are repsonsible for knowing and following the law in any location those firearms are transffered through - to say differently is the equivalent of making someone else repsonsible for your actions. What I beleive is wrong is that there is no set of standards that exist in all states. The fact that there appear to be no standards does not releave the owner of the firearms from knowing the laws. IMHO

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads