JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know whether this is the correct place to post. Feel free to move if not.

Looking for good stores Wilsonville up through Portland. Looking for one with all the Ruger .22 pistols in stock for my daughter to inspect.

Is the new Cabelas in Tigard/Tualatin open yet?
Not till fall. Saving my dimes as they typically have some great sales.

To the OP, I like the Gun Broker in Clackamas off 82nd Drive. Great selection and sales people. I have also had good lick at Northwest Armory and Sportsmen's Warehouse. SW can be hit and miss, but they usually have a good selection.

I like the crime ridden Vancouver.
Theremz a reason I moved up here and refuse to move back to portland.
But we don't have much in the way of gun stores.
Usually I go to portland or buy online. Classifieds if I can

Another vote for NW Armory and Gun Broker in Clackamas. Both usually have a decent selection on hand. Acccording to NW Armory's website, they have several SR22's in stock right now:

http://www.nwarmory.com/search.aspx?SearchTerm=SR22

I would also mention any local Fred Meyer that carries guns. I've seen numerous SR22's on hand. I know the Oregon City store carries them as do a number of others.

Thanks, Gun Broker has some more convenient locations. I'll call ahead to all to check on stock.

The advertised prices are also lower than Sportsman's Warehouse. Do Gun Broker or NW Armory charge a higher FFL fee to make up for the diffrence?

I'm curious to check out how Fred Meyers handles firearms sales.

By the way, neither Vancouver or the Portland metro area are on my list. Salem is about the largest town I can handle.

I'll have to check in on WA CPL for non residents. I am not comfortable with options on CC when traveling to WA with just the Oregon CPL.

Thanks, Gun Broker has some more convenient locations. I'll call ahead to all to check on stock.

The advertised prices are also lower than Sportsman's Warehouse. Do Gun Broker or NW Armory charge a higher FFL fee to make up for the diffrence?

I'm curious to check out how Fred Meyers handles firearms sales.

FFL fee is ten bux at NW Armory and Sportsmans. Don't know about Gun Broker as I haven't purchased there, but I think it's the same. Usually the only time you pay an additional fee is when they are receiving a firearm from another seller for you.

By the way, neither Vancouver or the Portland metro area are on my list. Salem is about the largest town I can handle.

I'll have to check in on WA CPL for non residents. I am not comfortable with options on CC when traveling to WA with just the Oregon CPL.

You mentioned in your OP that you were looking as far as Portland, which is why I answered with NW Armory and Gun Broker ;) As far as Fred Meyer, I can only say that while I've yet to buy a gun from them, the folks in OC have been very helpful, friendly and actually have some knowledge - at least the ones I've talked with.

As for non-resident WA CPL, I have one. It wasn't difficult to get, I simply went to the Sheriff's dept. in Vancouver and applied. As I recall, they allow up to 60 days for processing - I think I got mine in 59. If you ever go to Washington, it's worth having. I've got family in Vancouver, so it was worth it for me.

FFL fee is ten bux at NW Armory and Sportsmans. Don't know about Gun Broker as I haven't purchased there, but I think it's the same. Usually the only time you pay an additional fee is when they are receiving a firearm from another seller for you.

Isn't that $10 fee actually for the background check? You wouldn't pay an FFL transfer fee to an FFL holder unless they are bringing in a gun for transfer.

Isn't that $10 fee actually for the background check? You wouldn't pay an FFL transfer fee to an FFL holder unless they are bringing in a gun for transfer.

I think that's what I was trying to say - the $10 is what they get charged to run the background check. The only time you would pay an additional fee is if, say you bought a firearm from Bud's and had it shipped to you FFL where you would likely pay $10 plus an additional charge fir their service.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top