Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun Stores near Portland

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by GuyBMeredith, Jul 5, 2014.

1. GuyBMeredith

GuyBMeredith Salem, Oregon Active Member

I don't know whether this is the correct place to post. Feel free to move if not.

Looking for good stores Wilsonville up through Portland. Looking for one with all the Ruger .22 pistols in stock for my daughter to inspect.

2. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Gun shows are my go to for feel testing guns. Cabelas up in Olympia probably has every make and model on display but that's a fair drive north.

3. GuyBMeredith

Yeah, and I'd have to go through crime ridden Vancouver without my CC (Oregon CHL).
    ;)

4. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Northwest armory has a pretty great stock on hand. The guys there have always been really helpful, great customer service and good prices.
    Off Mcloughlin between portland and oregon city

jbett98 and GuyBMeredith like this.
  5. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

+1 for Northwest Armory. Good people, great prices and open tomorrow!

6. GuyBMeredith

I'm taking my daughter to tell me which pistol she'd like to use as my guest at the range. Looks like next Saturday.

7. misplacedtexan

misplacedtexan Beaverton, OR Active Member

Is the new Cabelas in Tigard/Tualatin open yet?

8. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Not till fall. Saving my dimes as they typically have some great sales.

To the OP, I like the Gun Broker in Clackamas off 82nd Drive. Great selection and sales people. I have also had good lick at Northwest Armory and Sportsmen's Warehouse. SW can be hit and miss, but they usually have a good selection.

marty8587 and misplacedtexan like this.
  9. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

They currently have 21 different styles of Ruger .22LR pistols in stock, and when you buy a .22 there they will sell you some nice CCI ammo as well: http://www.nwarmory.com/c-621-handguns-in-stock.aspx?selection=392199+399173

10. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

FWIW, a Washington CPL is easy to get :)

11. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I like the crime ridden Vancouver.
    Theremz a reason I moved up here and refuse to move back to portland.
    But we don't have much in the way of gun stores.
    Usually I go to portland or buy online. Classifieds if I can

156256Hunter likes this.
  12. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Another vote for NW Armory and Gun Broker in Clackamas. Both usually have a decent selection on hand. Acccording to NW Armory's website, they have several SR22's in stock right now:

http://www.nwarmory.com/search.aspx?SearchTerm=SR22

I would also mention any local Fred Meyer that carries guns. I've seen numerous SR22's on hand. I know the Oregon City store carries them as do a number of others.

13. GuyBMeredith

Thanks, Gun Broker has some more convenient locations. I'll call ahead to all to check on stock.

The advertised prices are also lower than Sportsman's Warehouse. Do Gun Broker or NW Armory charge a higher FFL fee to make up for the diffrence?

I'm curious to check out how Fred Meyers handles firearms sales.

14. GuyBMeredith

By the way, neither Vancouver or the Portland metro area are on my list. Salem is about the largest town I can handle.

I'll have to check in on WA CPL for non residents. I am not comfortable with options on CC when traveling to WA with just the Oregon CPL.

15. 3MTA3

FFL fee is ten bux at NW Armory and Sportsmans. Don't know about Gun Broker as I haven't purchased there, but I think it's the same. Usually the only time you pay an additional fee is when they are receiving a firearm from another seller for you.

16. GuyBMeredith

Thanks!

17. etrain16

You mentioned in your OP that you were looking as far as Portland, which is why I answered with NW Armory and Gun Broker ;) As far as Fred Meyer, I can only say that while I've yet to buy a gun from them, the folks in OC have been very helpful, friendly and actually have some knowledge - at least the ones I've talked with.

As for non-resident WA CPL, I have one. It wasn't difficult to get, I simply went to the Sheriff's dept. in Vancouver and applied. As I recall, they allow up to 60 days for processing - I think I got mine in 59. If you ever go to Washington, it's worth having. I've got family in Vancouver, so it was worth it for me.

18. etrain16

Isn't that $10 fee actually for the background check? You wouldn't pay an FFL transfer fee to an FFL holder unless they are bringing in a gun for transfer.

19. 3MTA3

I think that's what I was trying to say - the $10 is what they get charged to run the background check. The only time you would pay an additional fee is if, say you bought a firearm from Bud's and had it shipped to you FFL where you would likely pay $10 plus an additional charge fir their service.

GuyBMeredith likes this.
  20. JayDub

JayDub I got your 6 Member

Don't forget about Keiths out in Gresham... they have more handguns than anyone else I can think of!