JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Really, 3-6 MONTHS? I have never had a need to use a Gunsmith but that is soon going to change. Is this length of time typical?

Would seem pretty reasonable IMO, obviously depending upon what you need getting done.

Note: I haven't really had the need for professional smith services either, but have had a friend do some work during his off time when he could fit it in. 2 months or thereabouts if I recall.

Just wanting to have an XS Big Dot front sight installed on my SP101. It will take equipment or tools that I don't have. I would think it could probably be done in < 1 hour and be worked in somewhere without having a significant impact. For a little job like this 3-6 months seems excessive. BUT, first time to use a Gunsmith so I do not speak from experience.......

Just wanting to have an XS Big Dot front sight installed on my SP101. It will take equipment or tools that I don't have. I would think it could probably be done in < 1 hour and be worked in somewhere without having a significant impact. For a little job like this 3-6 months seems excessive. BUT, first time to use a Gunsmith so I do not speak from experience.......
What you aren't taking into account is the other 50+ weapons the smith has infront of you that are <1hr ish jobs. And let's not forget the 20 that are 8hr ish job, and the 9 that are 20hr ish job. Then there are custom builds that he's doing that can take weeks to complete. But I guess you are special so he should put everything else on hold to do your simple <1 hr job, thus delaying the weapons of long time repeat customers.

What you aren't taking into account is the other 50+ weapons the smith has infront of you that are <1hr ish jobs. And let's not forget the 20 that are 8hr ish job, and the 9 that are 20hr ish job. Then there are custom builds that he's doing that can take weeks to complete. But I guess you are special so he should put everything else on hold to do your simple <1 hr job, thus delaying the weapons of long time repeat customers.

o_O

Not special, except maybe to my family. I don't know what is normal or not, note that I stated I do not speak from experience, so I ask questions of folks that do know. Then I just add my personal thoughts to the discussion, these are thoughts and not requests or suggestions.

Hey, wait a minute. I know you. We conducted business together once, last year.

Thank you for your contributions to the thread, attitude and all..... ;)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews